• Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 599

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

this is the platform integrated in samsung dialer to detect spam callers. works very well from my 2 days long experience. perhaps because samsung still has a pretty large customer base in india.

i have not installed their dedicated app though.

Something I realized recently with Hiya integration in Samsung dialer. Might not be applicable on all Samsung devices but it happened on mine.

So, I finally gave up on dealing with spam calls and turned on the option to automatically block calls Hiya considered as spam. There are two levels. I first set it to high risk one but eventually ended up putting it on low risk one which blocks more calls. It is of course not as comprehensive as Truecaller or maybe even Google but it does block enough calls for me to keep it enabled.

During this time period, my Mediclaim was due, and I imagine HDFC Ergo was calling me daily. I noticed the pattern and verified that the number belonged to Ergo.

I understood that this was just a payment reminder call, but I still wanted to pick one of their calls just in case. I added the number being used to call me in contacts and waited for the next call.

And Hiya blocked the call even though it was in contacts. I tried this in both low and high-risk settings and the call remained blocked.

TLDR. Hiya seems to block calls from spammy numbers in its database even if you add them in contacts.