How to get High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) and color fuel stickers in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 17,466

Apparently they are mandatory in metro cities now?

I have not heard much about them but this looks like another major scam in the making.

You cannot get a number plate made from a local car accessories shop now?

What exactly is in the number plate? RFID tags? What is the purpose?

I guess this is going to become another nuisance for the car owners in India as they would be challaned for not having these new plates.

Need more info please!

Justice Rajiv Shakdher wondered why buyers should suffer for lack of coordination between the authorities and the car dealers, while hearing a petition by a woman lawyer highlighting the problem. Bowing to the concerns voiced by HC, the government said it has deferred a proposed crackdown on vehicles without the numberplates till Thursday.
Why should buyers suffer for fault of govt, dealers: High court

Attachments

• High Security Registration Plates.webp
    High Security Registration Plates.webp
    32 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
do not get them.They have rfid tags in them and will help the govt to monitor your movements.The rfid tag can send signals upto 300ft.In the motor vehicles act rfid is not mentioned.The govt is doing this illegally.

300 ft???? I guess the govt needs to be "already" tracking right behind you, to get a signal?

Govt will set up poles. Or can even use street light poles as signal catcher!(my speculations! 😀)

Already new cars in TN are supposed to have these hi-tech Numb Plates..They are pushing it under the pretext that you dont need to wait in toll gates , just pass by them , it will read your number and debit money from your acc.. ohh and also locate / catch stolen vehicles..

As I said before, better confuse them by walking.. Its healthy also..

they can still catch you .. 😛 fergot aadhar card ..

so warthog said do not get them. what is the alternative? get challaned on a daily basis?

I don't believe registration of new vehicles is "blocked" - it's just that the new HSRPs are mandatory now.

My new car salesman (I'm getting a Polo GT TSI) just called me to say registration (with new HSRP number plates) is in process and I will get delivery on Monday - we were aiming for Saturday hence the call to inform me.

This is in Pune/Maharashtra in my case.