high response time when opening websites

• Thread starter Thread starter vibsanghi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,528

vibsanghi

Hi guysRecently i noticed that it takes a lot of time when opening websites, though the download rates are fine. maybe the delay has increased.Has anybody else noticed the same or is it just me.It takes 350 ms pinging google and yahoo earlier it took under 250 ms. 🙁

not here...other than their own site 😛

Yes I have had a similiar problem. It definately looks like a DNS Server problem. Maybe the DNS servers cannot take on the increasing load.

no problems for me.......infact i think webpages are opening faster than before at my place. 🙂

^^^ditto, the surfing speeds i'm getting are pretty good

just try and refreshing all your cache and deleting all temporary files and all that.....it might just work fine 🙂

seems to me i am the only one around here getting the high ping 🙁 I am attaching a tracert snapshot for yahoo.comPlease check to see if u all get the same coz in my case sometimes the websites also do not open for a stretchAlso there is an abrupt jump in response from 17 ms to 232 ms :blink: :blink: :blink: , any idea where exactly this is happening

Originally posted by vibsanghi@Mar 28 2006, 07:27 PM
Also there is an abrupt jump in response from 17 ms to 232 ms  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: , any idea where exactly this is happening
[snapback]46115[/snapback]
[/quote]

When the data jumps to a router situated in other half of the globe dont u expect an increase in ping delay???

i've also noticed this sort of a jump when we ping each other first ping is lesser than the other pings, no idea why this happens.

well, now i've noticed this too...like yesterday yahoo mail was not opening and not even hotmail account in outlook express...outlook express is still the same...seems there really is some prob :huh:

Strange i too felt timeouts takin place since last 1 week or soSometimes site simply doesnt open atall and i had to reload that site again.But this stopped after i rebooted my router today. Back to normal