high ping and frequent disconnection

Siddhesh222

Regular
ISP
MTNL 256KBPS,DSL 399
Recently noticed MTNL has been acting real terrible, disconnecting and giving really sad pings, getting 70ms within city itself... it's really sad because I know people who get 11ms ping with local cablewala and fivenet... know a guy who gets >15ms consistently on fivenet, really thinking of switching....I made this thread to know if anybody else is getting this problem in Mumbai or is it only me? Can using Open DNS/ Google DNS increase ping? Is there any way to troubleshoot this myself? can anybody mention some possibilities as to why frequent disconnection + high ping? so fed up of mtnl :/

Seems fine here. Any IP you'd like me to ping ? Post your line stats.

lol mtnl guy who just came to my house said the problem is coz of my telephone.. he said they sometimes conflict with internet and whatnot xD, said I should get a new phone. idk if I should believe him, it's true that sometimes randomly my phone goes dead, or keeps 'cutting'EDIT: lol just remembered my landline is completely dead since a while now.. maybe that babu was right afterall lol but seriously, can a good telephone really reduce my ping and reduce disconnections? lol

If the telephone is indeed causing the issue, disconnect the instrument and then check, that way you'll know for sure 😉 Is the splitter alright ?

I don't have a splitter :S idk what it is actually, but I guess I don't need one coz I have only have one telephone, mtnl babu said my splitter is inbuilt in router (?). I'll try disconnecting the instrument..Here are my line stats Modem StatusConnection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 427Ds Rate (Kbps) 2043US Margin 5DS Margin 17Trained Modulation ADSL_2plusLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 46US Line Attenuation 48Peak Cell Rate 1007 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 0CRC Rx Interleaved 0CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode InterleavedDSL StatisticsNear End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Geez, youre using a phone along with bb without a splitter 😕 Buy one asap. I believe that is the cause of your troubles :/

Three things you might do.1. Since your splitter is inbuilt, make sure all your home telephone connection are only coming from phone output(RJ-11) of your router.2. Check your telephone for any cuts etc. thoroughly.3. Change your modem ADSL modulation to G.DMT from ADSL2plus.