• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 11,385

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
While browsing through the forum or on the internet, the pages on my Airtel fiber loads slower than Jio Fiber, in jio its like a click and page is loaded already whereas in airtel, it takes time. I have static IP and my gateway is Delhi, whereas I am situated 600Kms away from Delhi. Please tell me what might be the issue, is it with the gateway server being too far or anything else?

@Lolita_Magnum since you are familiar with technical terms, I invite you to show you opinion.

1. Open Dev tools
2. Switch to Network Tab
3. Load IBF
4. Observe the timing of requests and see what is taking the most amount of time.

Can't be a gateway issue being too far, since even on an international VPN this website and others load pretty quickly.

Does the problem gets resolved if you are using cloudflare warp or any kind of vpn on your Airtel connection?
Is the issue with all your home devices?

No, even while VPN, it remains same. Yes, on all devices.

@Lolita_Magnum how you're so good at networking & all the technical stuff there? Can you recommend me some stuff which help me have better knowledge in all this stuff? Do you work in IT & networking sector?

No, even while VPN, it remains same. Yes, on all devices
I get near instant responses even when on VPN. Has it always been this way or is this a recent development? What is the response shown on ping and tracert? Try a tracert and ping to google dns and check before changing any settings. Most consumer Wifi routers are configured to run well on defaults.

@Lolita_Magnum I used Huawei ONT as well as Dragonpath ONT and even with TP-Link archer c6 with and without bridge mode. Issue remains.
@Chip I think after taking static Ip this issue has come to the picture, but 3 days back, pages were loading extra fast than usual, so I thought the issue is fixed, restarted the router and then it came to its original speed(slow).

For me after opting for the static ip the connection started to drop after few seconds although it resumes automatically within a minute but my office work was getting hampered due to this.

Even after dropping static ip in January the issue remains and I have raised around 10 complaints for this which have remained open for almost 2 months but still not fixed.

Even my pings have gone from 5 ms to 18 ms, I had requested Airtel to change the gateway but they told me that I am on the correct gateway so no issues from that.

@Firephoenix Drop static IP and buy new one. Keep doing this till your pings are stable. Even I have increased pings but my current gateway gives me 1Gbps thats why I am not changing. Your issue seems more of a optical power issue.