High definition format war over now?

• Thread starter Thread starter chashti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,032

chashti

ISP
air
Don't miss coming weeks BBC's Click at 12:30 pm on Monday i.e 25th Feb 2008 ON BBC News channel.

They have very interesting program on the High definition format war going on for last few years between Toshiba's HD DVD and Blu-Ray ( supported by Sony and others).

watch who is the winner!.

I am sure in coming years some thing new will make both of these obsolete, yet, who cares as long as we are provided with cheaper plastic ( biodegradable, eco-freindly 🙂!!!? will it be cheaper then!!?:rofl🙂 to hold our data.

Only thing you need to care is making better investment which lasts long.

Enjoy then.

( I know its still not possible to afford this "winner" as an alternative to DVD as prices are still high)

Research going on 🙂:thumbsup:

Nanotechnology Now - Press Release: "Breakthrough 1.2 Petabyte Spintronics 3.5 Disk Drive" (Amazing isn't it)

The Diamond Age of Spintronics: Scientific American

the way CPU speeds are increasing, the way storage/RAM capacity is increasing, one day it might be that there is one server and data storage capable of storing and serving everything of world!Yahoo, MS and Google etc will have redundant personal copies of things.

it also aired on sunday at noon. pretty boring as usual.

for once Sony seems to have won a battle. they had lost the betamax battle, and what a loss it was! but will this be a pyrrhic victory?

isnt there a forum policy to not advertise in signature? lately im seeing a lot of contextual spam where a post looks like a normal one but is done to camoflage the spam links 😛

now admin will require to put new filter.. signature allowed only if post count is > say 30and then spammers will start adding signature in post itself, then admin can add one more policy, posting allowed only if posts count > 30. 😛