• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,884

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Friends,I am on ULD Combo 1350 - my speed was recently upgraded from 2 mbps to around 8 mbps, which this sounds great, but along with the bandwidth upgradation, my downstream value has decreased significantly.Following are my stats:-SNR Margin 15.0db 25.0db dBLine Attenuation 12.5db 6.5db dBLoss of Signal 0 0 CRC Errors 43 0 Data Rate 8128 Kbps 480 Kbps kbpsModulation - Multi (ADSL)While switching to ADSL2+ gets the SNR to around 28, but the connection loses stability. With G.dmt, the SNR is pretty much around the same as Multi [15dB DN]Earlier when my downstream data rate was at 1996 kbps, the SNR used to be at around 33 - 35 dBDue to this low SNR, I am facing random disconnections. Not too frequent but there are some disconnections.So what do you all think - is an SNR of 15db okay for an 8mbps connection or should I call up BSNL and ask them to reduce the data rate to 4096 kbpsKindly advise, thanks!

Anyone??

when i was upgraded to a 2mbps connection from a 256kbps one 2-3 years ago, i noticed the same thing....although if u hear noise on your telephone line ,you can get it rectified by the line man and ur snr margin might improve...

when i was upgraded to a 2mbps connection from a 256kbps one 2-3 years ago, i noticed the same thing....although if u hear noise on your telephone line ,you can get it rectified by the line man and ur snr margin might improve...

Thanks for your reply sean

There's no noise whatsoever in my line - it's just that when I switch on my PC and my modem, the line disconnects a couple of times and then it becomes stable

I get frequent disconnections too. although i don't get all these technical stuff not sure what causing it and i'm also on 1350 plan.

I called up BSNL and reduced my data rate from 8128 kbps to 4998 kbps.

This has brought my SNR back to 28 dB and the connection is much more stable now.

I get frequent disconnections too. although i don't get all these technical stuff not sure what causing it and i'm also on 1350 plan.

If you could post your SNR levels, we might suggest you something.

Thanks!

i don`t think SNR effect Connections stability........

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Actually now i m upgrading to the same plan combo ULD 1350....
Is this is possible that i could use 4 mb speed even after 20 GB data Usage.............
Plz help...

No way unless you hack into BSNL server. If caught you will have to pay a huge bill and spend some time in jail for hacking.

actually my uncle works as t.t at bsnl office .So what type of info do i tell my uncle share with me.,so i can use.....

What is t.t ?He can give you internal user name and password which works on any connection or ask him to remove speed cap on your connection at exchange.

T.T i don`t know wht it is they called something like that.internal user name & pass....and i need to remove speed cap on my connection........but where .....i mean where i`ll gonna enter that username & password.only at exchange or anywhere in any computer in particular website............or wht more i can do with this info......or this is illegal????

This is completely illegal. If your uncle is caught doing this, he may even loose his job.