HI TO ALL PLZ CANY ANYONE HELP ME with the problem!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter zor_oro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,348

zor_oro

ISP
bsnl
hi to all friends,i am really new here & i really am in urgent need of your helpi m facing a lot of problems since i have taken a new bsnl dataone connection since 2 monthsthe problems i m facing are likei have a MT841 modem supplied by BSNL & when i had got the connection i didnt have a lan card so the person who had come to install my connection had installed it in the USB connecting my comp & the modem my problem started here 1)after a week of usage the USB link from the modem used to go off every 2 min & it never used to return back (rest all the lights in the modem are still on the power ,activity,ADSL link) my only solution to the problem was to restart the modem again & again & it kept on repeating & is still going on!!2)i had to remove the usb connection & now due to that problem i had got a lan card D-Link (dfe-538-tx) & i connected it to the comp now what problem i face is here the activity link jus totally stops after 2-3mins of usage (but the power ,lan link, ADSL link are still on)& it never comes back automatically in this case also i had to restart the modem again & again!!!!!i had complained to the BSNL authority & the person who had installed the device but my cries went in vein!!!!!plz any body in the forum can you help me plz i m tierd of restarting the modem again & again !!!!!!!!!!plz do instuct me if there is any fault in my software or hardware do i have to download anything to correct the problems!!!!!!!!!plz do tell me what to do!!!!!!!plz i n in urgent need of your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Your line may be noisy.
How many telephones you have in your house ?
Connect all of them AFTER (R) AFTER the splitter.Post a screen shot of DSL status if you can.

Website seen in the screen shot. you can download this program also

Seems to be a problem with the modem, check with another modem from neighbour/friend, if it works fine then & if modem is provided my BSNL, request them to change it...........

yes, i go with essbebe..First check the telephone line. Even I faced such problems, especially when it rains and even a minor disturbance might cause disconnection. Well one thing i used to try was to keep holding the reciever of telephone line and watch the lights and try to correlate any noise happening with disconnection. But still the frequency of disconnection that you are mentioning makes me feel that there might be a problem with the modem itself, that too since it is new there are chances for it as well.

Peeps read his post again :cool2:, his ADSL link is always active, first it was a problem with USB link and now after switching to Ethernet (LAN card) the ACTIVITY link stops which points towards an issue with the modem and not the line since ADSL link is always active.

i have only one phone that is connected for the broad band purpose onlythe line is always active but the phone is hardly being used & i askd the bsnl people about the modem if it is problamatic or not they said that it is totally fine