• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 10,751

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
So, India has qualified to the Olympics 2012 in a fashionable manner, with big win margins against all the opponents. The craze about Hockey is building up. Nothing more to say, Hockey has won 8 Gold Medal for the Country. It has set a various world records in Olympics. It's played in many countries(about 127 countries) around the world. So, it's definitely a around-the-world popular game.Now, World Series Hockey has been started with 8 City based teams. It's a resembles any other premier league with players around the World playing in the League.So folks start supporting the game!Be an Hockeyian!!!

you need to start putting in better thread titles.

you need to start putting in better thread titles.
Okay chromaniac, will improve on this. Thanks for opening a New section for Hockey.

I guess this is a first. Do we even have a section on cricket? The thing with the hockey sentiment in India is that unless the media runs out of stories to show, the game wouldn't be highlighted, and for those few days, with Chak De! India playing on an infinite loop in the background, heroic stories would be told. Once some other story comes along, all this will be lost. The game itself probably doesn't have as many followers worldwide as compared to say a football or tennis.

The thing with the hockey sentiment in India is that unless the media runs out of stories to show, the game wouldn't be highlighted, and for those few days, with Chak De! India playing on an infinite loop in the background, heroic stories would be told. Once some other story comes along, all this will be lost. The game itself probably doesn't have as many followers worldwide as compared to say a football or tennis.

Hockey is hugely followed in Punjab and Kodagu (both the places known for patriotism, as they form big group in Indian Defense). Before 1983, it was Hockey which was more popular in country. Hockey is played in Olympics because it's played in many countries compared to cricket, where cricket played in 12 countries. If you can compare hockey with tennis and football, then do compare cricket with tennis and football. Cricket is not as popular as football/tennis worldwide.

Hope World Series Hockey creates the magic again.

I will definitely follow WSH time permitting...

----------

The tickets are being priced well (500 being max) for the tournament. It would have been good if Bangalore was one of the venue!

PHL died too soon. I had seen the first season when Hyderabad Sultans won it (as far as I remember).

But, PHL was fun to watch. The matches used to get over in 90mins, and there were some referrals/challenges introduced to hockey(for the first time) which added to the enjoyment.
By the way, WSH will be Live on Neo Sports.

Edit: @moindear Bangalore is also a venue. Check out the official website: http://www.worldserieshockey.com/schedule.aspx

We have a section for Hockey? Woohoo! I had asked for one many months back but there weren't enough Hockey fans then to start a dedicated section.

Thanks, I had missed that in the website.

Anyways just bought the ticket for the Mar 17 match. Ticket price 100 rupees and there is no seat no, guess its on concrete floor.

But there are so many conditions

1. Ticket pickup location and timing will be announced in the “Customer Update” section of our website closer to the event. Please check that regularly.
2. The following documents are compulsory for ticket pickup:
a.

[TD="colspan: 2"]The card / bank account owner’s original Govt. issued photo ID, along with a clean, fully legible, photocopy of the same ID
3. Please note, absence of any one of the documents above can result in the tickets being refused at the ticket pickup window
b.
c.
i. An authorization letter with the name of the representative, signed by the card holder/bank account owner
ii. A Govt issued photo ID of the representative, along with a clean and legible photocopy of the same photo identification

[TD="colspan: 2"]When a debit or credit card has been used for purchase, we also need the original debit/credit card, along with a clean, fully legible, photocopy of the same card[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]If sending someone else on behalf of the card holder / bank account owner, then we need numbers 2.a. and 2.b above (originals and photocopies as mentioned) along with the following below. This is required even if the representative’s name has been entered into the system when buying:[/TD]
[/TD]

I guess this is a first. Do we even have a section on cricket? /
You must be kidding me... Where were you when Admin was creating 100s of threads , for each individual match in World Cup and also for I-PL

Though, I will not be likely watching it... Will try to checkout the scores & see if I can join in discussions here if possible.

I am going for a couple of Delhi Wizard games. Dhyanchand stadium has pretty good spectator facilities (was there for the Olympic Qualifiers).Seat no. is not mentioned here as well. You can sit anywhere in your block.