• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 12,636
Ha.. Never visited before.

Here are its recommendations now
Free Bot Removal Tool
quickheal co in / bot-removal-tool

USB Pratirodh - cdac in/usbpratirodh
desktop security solution, which controls the usage of removable storage media like pen drives, external hard drives, cell phones, and other supported USB mass storage devices.

AppSamvid - cdac in/appsamvid
desktop based Application Whitelisting solution for Windows operating system. It allows only preapproved set of executable files for execution.

M-Kavach (for Mobile devices) - cdac in/mkavach
comprehensive mobile device security solution for Android devices. It addresses threats related to malware that steal personal data & credentials, misuse Wi-Fi and Bluetooth resources, lost or stolen mobile device, spam SMSs, premium-rate SMS and unwanted / unsolicited incoming calls.

Browser JSGuard
For Firefox Web Browser: Browser JSGuard
For Google Chrome Web Browser: Browser JSGuard
browser extension which detects and defends malicious HTML & JavaScript attacks made through the web browser based on Heuristics

EDIT : NEW AD

Fsw7nPU.png

Last edited:
For some reason banning those IPs isn't blocking the ads for me. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I guess the best way is to add these to a host file and block them that way.

Has DND worked for anyone? Please update. If it works I will get that rolling too.

For some reason banning those IPs isn't blocking the ads for me. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I guess the best way is to add these to a host file and block them that way.

Has DND worked for anyone? Please update. If it works I will get that rolling too.
I haven't got any ads since last 4-5 days after sending DND request. I have not received any confirmation email like last time. I will watch out for few more days to conclude if ads have really stopped or not.

@krish_88
None of the adblockers will actually stop this MTNL ad injection unless you add the originating IPs for you in the filters.

don't these services accept feedback from the community? can these ips be added to their core database so that these are rolled out to all bsnl and mtnl users?

@Sushubh
All these adblockers generally use filterlists and its filters.
About

Since MTNL injecting ads isn't really a global ad issue I don't think it is really viable for them to add it to their list especifically as they cannot test/reproduce the effect as we do. So they really don't know how it would affect or might not affect other services/websites.

But if someone is willing to start a discussion with them about it and get it included then here is their github page where they take requests Issues · collinbarrett/FilterLists · GitHub

Adblockers know blocking all ads isn't possible so they let users add these stuff to their own filters.

Also the fact that MTNL doesn't really serve ads to everyone similarly is another problem. For example I never seen phozeca(?) serving me ads but just 2 IPs(which I reported in this thread) doing it and I am unable to block them for some reason. And since they are IPs I also cannot add them to the hosts file to block them either.

ISPs injecting ads is problem not just for us for many ISPs globally and the only effective way to stop them is use HTTPS OR block them as you see it OR use a VPN.

i mean can someone get officially listed on their database for a filterlist with indian isp ad servers. this could be updated as and when new ips are added making it easy for anyone to block them all easily.

@Sushubh
Yes it is possible but it would be one of those user needs to opt to use them ones and won't be added by default.
FilterLists does accept lists that are created and maintained by someone. Someone will have to build a list by their parameters and push it to the code for them to accept.

Instead a better and easy option would be to make a list for all Indian ISPs and then let users add it manually to their filters.

@d5aqoëp
I emailed them on 26th August i.e. last Saturday. No reply yet.
Been 6 days I stopped seeing ads. I think DND might have worked.
Will conclude if I am really ad free by end of this month(September).
I think they push more ads in the last 10 days of the month. Lets see.