Help with speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
My upload rate is faster than my download rate.
I have a 64kbps plan in which the upload seems to go upto 12 while the download sits quietly at 1 or 2. I tried capping the upload speed to see if there was any increase in the download speed. Initially theer was, but after that it was all the same.

What should I do??

I went to this site
Code:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/tweaks
but the tweak applet keeps saying * Downloading file of size 1024000: .

Pls help!!

Vince

Regular
Regulars
sheesh, i tested it again, now it shows a more realistic d/l speed of 9.4kBps :( ...and its recorded near the bottom of the same page....

max

Regulars
Regulars
wow! You are getting close to 80Kbps on your 64Kbps connection! I usually get only 6KBps :(

Vince

Regular
Regulars
^^ Heh heh.. max, under TataIndicom, i get 80kbps instead of 64kbps.. i think everyone under TIndicom gets that. but thats no compensation for the exorbitant pricing!!Rs.880 for 64kbps unlimited???? *Expletive*.I badly want Airtel, but they arent providing in my area yet.. :(

max

Regulars
Regulars
haha! I pay 650 bucks for a sucky 64Kbps connection which works more like 48Kbps connection! So I guess 880 bucks for an 80Kbps connection is justifiable ;) But are your ports blocked???

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
wah sabne apni discussion shuru kar di.... mere ko to jawaab hi nahin diya???!!neways...

Vince

Regular
Regulars
@uthfull: oops... BTW i got the same message, but on checking DUMeter, nothing seems to be happening/ i.e., no 'downloading'!@ max: no, i've checked, and no ports seem to be blocked..

max

Regulars
Regulars
vince, cool.uthfull, well, that test didn't work for me. may be my connection is very slow...:(

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
so are there any other tweaks for ADSL??one more query...for ADSL... is the upload speed supposed to be > the downloading speed or is it the opposite???Also.... wat the hell is upstream n downstream bandwidth??(consider me a n0ob ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.