Help with Reliance Thunder Broadnet connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kunal Roy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 10,401
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It will work. In any case, the forum is there !

^^ i dont think so .... if u connect any adsl router u will never see router login page or configure any thing ....because reliance connection will not let u open ...that page

^^ i dont think so .... if u connect any adsl router u will never see router login page or configure any thing ....because reliance connection will not let u open ...that page

Why wouldn't it work?

Isn't the Reliance an ADSL connection? So an ADSL connection + ADSL2+ router should work just fine, right? 🙂

Yes. It should. Shashank could you post a screenshot of your config page along with the vpi and vci values. I'm pretty sure any ADSL modem should work with rcom.

Why wouldn't it work?

Isn't the Reliance an ADSL connection? So an ADSL connection + ADSL2+ router should work just fine, right? 🙂
works with n router.... not with ADSL router
and yes. adsl connection ...

once u connected router with reliance line it will not let u open router setting page ... so it hard to for any normal user ... if u want to pull ur hair go ahead and try it ..... or buy new basic router

Yeah. But, you can assign your system a static IP and open up the settings page.

Quick question, I don't see any MER setting in my Router's config page. The Reliance connection will work fine on pppoe right

Yeah. But, you can assign your system a static IP and open up the settings page.
o know what i done ...but once you use any static ip u will loose connectivity ......and hey just ask any one here they used ADSl wifi router with reliance ...without problem .... or pull hair from head ..
,,,and if u connect router ...any how... but u will not use it on any other device ... because u have to close DHCp server on lan for connecting and for getting ip from reliance

Quick question, I don't see any MER setting in my Router's config page. The Reliance connection will work fine on pppoe right
reliance not working on pppoe or any thing .... or any thing ... just works on DHCP wan server ( bridge connection )( not sure ,no one really know how reliance works )

Ah, MER ! I just remembered reliance works on mer 😛 Shashank is prolly right ! You'll have to use their modem. I'll post more in a bit.

Ah, MER ! I just remembered reliance works on mer 😛 Shashank is prolly right ! You'll have to use their modem. I'll post more in a bit.

I just did some tinkering around.

My modem gives the option of selecting (dynamic ip) under protocol while configuring the connection.

I also have the option for Bridge.

DHCP supported.

So my modem should work without any problem?

It should work technically all ADSL modems are PPPOE and bridge switchable..atleast mine is...UTSTARCOM WA3002G4...the only thing that would be odd is the firmware in it...but as the line will automatically generate a static login page everytime...in this you will have to put that address in the address bar....Lets see i'm gonna try this out..

Status
Not open for further replies.