Help with Reliance Thunder Broadnet connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kunal Roy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 10,416
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did some tinkering around.

My modem gives the option of selecting (dynamic ip) under protocol while configuring the connection.

I also have the option for Bridge.

DHCP supported.

So my modem should work without any problem?
just wait for your installation and u will know the pain with adsl+ router ....lol

Alrighty. Reliance works on mer. The modem acts as a dhcp client, and Reliance's dhcp server assigns it an IP. Now, depending on what the modem sends in its dhcp request will determine whether third party modems can be used or not. Also, in order for reliance s dhcp server to assign the modem an ip, they need to allow the modem's Mac id onto their network. How willing would they be to add your routers Mac id ? I dunno. Also your modem does need to support MER. In order to complete authentication, the login page is needed and all other connection properties are then applied and hence reliance connections aren't port bound. I'm pretty sure bridge won't work, coz what will you dial out to ? I hope this is the correct explanation 😛 It'd be great if some on reliance would post their connection page.

Alrighty. Reliance works on mer. The modem acts as a dhcp client, and Reliance's dhcp server assigns it an IP. Now, depending on what the modem sends in its dhcp request will determine whether third party modems can be used or not. Also, in order for reliance s dhcp server to assign the modem an ip, they need to allow the modem's Mac id onto their network. How willing would they be to add your routers Mac id ? I dunno. Also your modem does need to support MER. In order to complete authentication, the login page is needed and all other connection properties are then applied and hence reliance connections aren't port bound.

I'm pretty sure bridge won't work, coz what will you dial out to ?

I hope this is the correct explanation 😛 It'd be great if some on reliance would post their connection page.

i m sure might not work on mer ... 🙁 reliance not using mer

^ Well I guess I'll have to use the modem Reliance provides and buy a basic N router for WiFi 🙁

Well, The Reliance guy is coming on Tuesday to collect my documents and I'll have the connection in a few days.Lets hope it works with my modem else I'll have to get a new basic wireless router.

It's better to live with an unused modem than with "craptel"...right?

Lol tell me about it.

Even with moderate usage, I cross 7GB in a matter of 3 or 4 days. 256kb/s isn't enough for crap. Not even Facebook 😛

Now getting my Airtel line disconnected is gong to be another adventure.

Now getting my Airtel line disconnected is gong to be another adventure.
I dont think so. Visit your nearby Airtel mobile/BB centre and give them a written request for surrendering the line. Pay the recent bill amt without fail.
When the line is disconnected visit the centre again and surrender your Landline phone + modem and get a receipt for it. That's it.
Don't rely on CC for anything.

I dont think so. Visit your nearby Airtel mobile/BB centre and give them a written request for surrendering the line. Pay the recent bill amt without fail.
When the line is disconnected visit the centre again and surrender your Landline phone + modem and get a receipt for it. That's it.
Don't rely on CC for anything.

I'm not using an Airtel LL and + I'm using my own modem. Never took Airtel's.

Yeah I'll be going to the head office in my city to get it disconnected since I know Airtel's tricks and tendencies to keep your connection active despite requesting disconnection and keep billing you for it.

The retention dept will call you. Tell them you're leaving town, and can't be held responsible for payment of billed past the said termination date. Your line will be disconnected soon enough. And while we're at it, raj2007 could you post your modem config page ?

Alright. Slipped outta my mind. What other options are available in connection type ? Do you use a dialer ?

Well guys, got the connection set up today and I gotta say, Its pretty sweet 🙂.Using the Binatone router they provided as the primary modem and my D-Link 2730u (the one that I was using with my Airtel connection) for WiFi and its working without a hitch.Thunder 699 FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.