Help With Bridge Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter tristar2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,595

tristar2

i just wanted to know if there is a way to make my bridge connection to auto connect everytime my modem losses the link. if there is a way it would help me alotth alot hoping for a good & fast reply 😀

time and gain i have been saying the modem should never lose link with exchange. If its happening change ur line or replace the DSL 502T coz it has a habit of losing the link.If link is lost with exchange (which is an abnormal situation) bridge mode will not log u in coz u r dialling from ur computer which will not know when the link is up again.

load australian firmware onto it, it'll get screwed then go to exchange & tell them it stopped workin, & u dont know how and why..they'll replace it with UTstar.But before u do this pls check if the link is getting lost due to disturbances in the line coz then even UTstar wont work. DSL 502T fails on the link on short power cuts and never recovers, this particular problem is not there in UTstar

Man u can do a normal pppe link by logging in the routerchange the connection type from bridge to pppe and specify there user name and pass.See if this helps or follow the cyberwiz.Ya there is a unofficial way in bridge mode to auto connect.Use Advanced Task SchedulerProgram it to auto connect when RAs connection is disconnected.It works for me hence Unofficial way.I program it for two things:-1. Auto connect when Ras connection is lost2.Auto disconnect at 7:55

BAD nEWS MTNL STOPPED givin UTStarcomcause one of my friend got his conn daybefore n he got 502t so i guess they stopped givin ut(he stays in my exchange)

I think stock of modem with Mtnl have ended up again.A friend of mine booked his connection with modem however they said bring your own modem or else wait.That is why they have brought this scheme to bring ur own modem and get installation charges waived off. So before screwing up your modem check whether they have any left with them or else you might have to live without broadband.

QUOTE(tristar2 @ Jul 4 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]55011[/snapback]
i just wanted to know if there is a way to make my bridge connection to auto connect everytime my modem losses the link. if there is a way it would help me alot
th alot hoping for a good & fast reply 😀
[/b]

I use Networx from www.softperfect.com to monitor my connection. Everytime I receive less than 1000 bytes in one minute it is set to launch ConnectionKeeper a freeware from www.gammadyne.com.

Connection Keeper monitors my dialer application. I have set it to disconnect my dialer within one minute of Connection Keeper being launched.

My dialer is set to 'Redial line if dropped". So my dialer redials as soon as it is disconnected and connection is restored automatically within 3 minutes. 🙂