Help WIFI Urgent

gauravsethi12

ISP
MTNL
Hi Folks, Need your help to st up Wifi Connection. I have the Following Hardware:1) ADSL Modem from MTNL Model no. D-Link DSL 2) PC with no Ethernet Port so currently connected to ADSL Modem with USB cable and connected to the Internet3) DSL WIFI Router which has 4 ethernet ports on the back of it. Model no. 4) A Laptop which is WiFi enabled. Now I am interested in connecting both my laptop and PC to internet at the same time and I am using MTNL Broadband Connection.I will be connecting my PC to ADSL modem with USB cable and want to connect my Laptop using Wifi. Please do let me know what shud i do in order to do so. I have connected the telephone wire into the ADSL modem and one USB cable is connecting my Modem and PC. One Ethernet cable connecting Modem and WiFi Router. Now do let me know ill it work and how to configure the Wireless Router.

Model Numbers of my Routers ADL Router D-Link DSL 502T
Model Number of WIFI Router D LINK DI 524.
You forgot to enter these details
1.If you are now.connected to internet properly via Desktop
2.Connect 502T Lan Rj45 to laptop ethernet port.
Check Laptop connects to Internet.

Go to
D-Link Support
Go to the bottom left of the menu page and select your WIFi model. Follow instructions.
Connect like this and see you get WIFI connection.
3.Telephone JN ==>>splitter==..>>Adslport==>>Rj11==>>Dsl502T LAN PORT===>>Rj45===>>D-Link DI524
WAN port.===>>>
DSL502T usb to desktop USB port as usual.
splitter ===Phone port====RJ11===>>> ALL phones.

( understand you don't have a LAN ethernet card in your OLD computer)

Hi, Thanks for the Information but I could not Undersatnd it Completely I will tell you what I have done.The Telephone Wire in DSL 502 T ADSL Port and the USb Cable from DSL 502 t to my PC now My PC is connected to Internet. Now as per You I need to Connect my Laptop using Ethernet Cable to DSL 502 T but I need to connect thru WIFI. Ok Now I Have connecte the DSL 502 T and DI 524 with Ethernat Cable. Now what all configuration setting I need to do On My Laptop or PC to start using Internet on my Laptop via WIFI

Ok Now I Have connecte the DSL 502 T and DI 524 with Ethernat Cable
Connect to latop ethernet port and test connection.
Dsl502T===>>Rj45==>DI54 Wanport===>Lan1 Rj45=>Laptop Ethernetport in the rear.( You need additional RJ45 cable)
1.Can you now surf with both Desktop and laptop now ?
If so your settings are ok
Now what all configuration setting I need to do On My Laptop or PC to start using Internet on my Laptop via WIFI
If so your settings are ok.
2.In laptop open Control Panel/Accessories/Communications/Wireless setup wizard follow instructions.
3. Go to Netgear link , I had given and follow the instructions.
OR try the Wireless Wizard in the DI54. .