MTNL Mumbai Help /w Frequent Disconnection please!

• Thread starter Thread starter revoke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,046
ISP
Mtnl
Hey guys, im having so many problems with my MTNL connection was hoping someone would be able to help me!

I have a 4mbps plan with mtnl, (the wire comes from outside on the terrace) and for the last few months my internet has been disconnecting every 5-10 mins and starts back after 3 minutes. The linesman is clueless and don't know whats going on. One day he comes to change the splitter, then after a couple of weeks he changed the modem, but still it keeps disconnecting.

I checked the stats and it says SNR : downstream 2db (6db at night) and upstream 24

Line acctuation 31

I realise the snr is really bad but the linesman keeps insisting the line is good and clear? What do I do?

I'm in pretty much the same situation as the original poster here. For about ten months now my 8Mbps connection has been really unstable. The lineman says it's because I have an 8Mbps connection and not 4Mbps or lower. I am about 1.5km from the exchange. Will moving to 4Mbps help? The funny thing is, I've only been having problems for about 10 months or so. I was on 8Mbps even before then and it was fine. Also, does complaining using the link posted in No. 2 achieve much? Thanks.

Line stats please!

And yes, switching to 4mbps would help in either case.

LINE STATS

Modulation : ADSL2+
Annex Mode : Annex M
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 3840273
Lan Rx : 3210134
ADSL Tx : 6817
ADSL Rx : 821363255
CRC Down : 0
CRC Up : 16519
FEC Down : 0
FEC Up : 33322
HEC Down : 38158
HEC Up : 0
SNR Up : 7.0
SNR Down : 7.9
Line Attenuation Up : 23.3
Line Attenuation Down : 36.6
Data Rate Up : 2045
Data Rate Down : 8192

Anyway, I've submitted a request online for a change to 4Mbps. Let's see how that goes. What should the data rate up and down be for that bandwidth? Thanks.

Well, I've been switched to 4Mbps now and my stats now are:

Modulation : ADSL2+
Annex Mode : Annex M
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 45584
Lan Rx : 39388
ADSL Tx : 0
ADSL Rx : 0
CRC Down : 0
CRC Up : 0
FEC Down : 0
FEC Up : 0
HEC Down : 0
HEC Up : 0
SNR Up : 22.7
SNR Down : 22.5
Line Attenuation Up : 23.2
Line Attenuation Down : 36.6
Data Rate Up : 1021
Data Rate Down : 4095

I've run speedtest and I get a grand total of 2.4Mbps on my laptop. (Strangely, it's 3.5 on my phone and iPad.) I'm assuming I need to call them and ask them to adjust the data rate? How much do I need to actually get a download speed of 4Mbps? I would think 4095 is insufficient.

Yep. Seems fairly stable now. You won't get more than 3.5mbps with a 4095k downstream sync. Call 12540 and ask them to change line rate for 4 Mbps. Else visit your exchange.

Goddamn disconnections again. The line was stable last night, but now disconnections all over again. I'm at my wit's end.

Not sure. Don't think so. Thing is, the last few times I complained, the line would work fine for a few hours and then fall to pieces again. Don't know what to make of that - is there someone messing about at the exchange? And my data rate is not stable. Since I'm on 4Mbps, it should be 4095 down at least. At the moment it's 2616.