• Thread starter Thread starter srini1275
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,371

srini1275

ISP
BB: Microscan & Airtel Xstream FTTH
Mob: Jio
Hello folks . I'm in a bit of a soup. My bro in the US set up a Vonage account for me sent me the voice adapter. Someone was getting it from Mumbai to Pune for me and it was pinched in the bus that this fool was traveling in. Obviously whoever stole it didn't understand what it means, but a technical looking box seemed easy money to the crook. In the meantime, the billing is starting in a few days. I'll end up burning $10 a month for a service that I haven't even started using. :wall: Question: a) Is it possible to buy a Vonage adapter in India? b) If yes, do you know someone in Pune who sells these? I do see a lot of Linksys VOIP adapters for sale in ebay India, but I'm not sure if they will work with Vonage, how difficult they are to configure etc. Any help extended would be most appreciated. Many thanks. Srini

Thanks essbebe. That would be my last resort. I really didn't want to go thru the cycle of procuring the adapter from the US and having it sent to India. I was thinking more on the lines of buying a 'generic' Linksys adapter here and configuring it to work with the existing Vonage account. Do you think that's feasible? Regards.

I meant a new telephone number , to stop
misuse of the old telephone number.
( mac address etc )
I feel, any VOIP adapter can be programmed

Probably the vonage.unit was given at
a concessional price..( Reconditioned Free !)

http://tinyurl.com/5logoh

Linksys SPA2102 NA Analog VoIP Adapter (2) FXS, (2) RJ45
Linksys’s SPA2012 is the newest edition of its widely used 2000 series of VoIP adapters. Linksys offers a small variety of other adapters in this line that are suited for larger, business style locations or for those with a single at home phone. This particular model features four ports; two POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) ports to connect your phone, fax machine or speakerphone to, and two RJ45 Ethernet interfaces for plugging in Ethernet cords to computers.
The key features of the Linksys SPA2102 are the ease with which it adapts to most services. Allowing users to complete customized installation and easy access for service providers to control your voice traffic, the adapter has few of the problems many other adapters tend to have such as dropped calls, high latency and poor connections. Additionally, the router allows for easy, remote software upgrades as required by your service provider. The SPA2102 is a relatively small router and with four ports is perfect for the home or a small office.

Thanks for the info dude. We deactivated/delinked the stolen router from my account. I hope this device becomes worthless now and can't be used at least with Vonage now. Will try to explore the options you recommended. And you are right again - the stolen adapter was a reconditioned one given gratis. Thanks once again.