Help! UT300R2U ADSL Modem/Router problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Satish Rk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,383

Satish Rk

Hi All,I have been facing this peculiar problem lately: My BSNL UT300R2U modem has to be switched on and off repeatedly to access the net. At startup, The "Data" indicator fails to glow, the "PC/USB" LED blinks slowly, the "Link" LED stays on. When I switch off the modem and restart it, then the "Link" LED starts blinking and shortly after, all LEDs glow and I am connected to the net. I tried windows diagnostics and pinging the router, it dosent work at this time. THe ping goes through when all LEDs are on.The problem occurs when I switch off the power to the PC and modem. If I leave the modem powered on, but shut down the PC, after connecting to the net(by switching the modem off and on), the network access is instantaneous the next time PC starts up.I tried disabling LAN and re-enabling it, but nothing happens. the only thing that works is to shut off the modem and restart it. Restarting the PC alone also did not work.Earlier I never had this problem. Is the modem faulty???:wall::confuse:

1. Check the splitter. Connect directly to the modem and check.2. Reset the modem and try reconfiguring.3. Try a friend's modem at your place and see if you are getting the same error.

Thanks Dilip,I tried connecting directly, resetting the modem, reconfiguring it UN/PW etc etc but still nothing. I have not been able to get hold of another modem so far to check that step...will do that too and reply again. thanks once again

Get your modem replaced.... looks like you have blown out a capacitor or 2..

Hi All,
I have been facing this peculiar problem lately: My BSNL UT300R2U modem has to be switched on and off repeatedly to access the net. At startup, The "Data" indicator fails to glow, the "PC/USB" LED blinks slowly, the "Link" LED stays on. When I switch off the modem and restart it, then the "Link" LED starts blinking and shortly after, all LEDs glow and I am connected to the net. I tried windows diagnostics and pinging the router, it dosent work at this time. THe ping goes through when all LEDs are on.
The problem occurs when I switch off the power to the PC and modem.
If I leave the modem powered on, but shut down the PC, after connecting to the net(by switching the modem off and on), the network access is instantaneous the next time PC starts up.
I tried disabling LAN and re-enabling it, but nothing happens. the only thing that works is to shut off the modem and restart it. Restarting the PC alone also did not work.
Earlier I never had this problem. Is the modem faulty???:wall::confuse:
I have the same problem. BSNL people couldnt do anything about it. Now I have configured it for Bridge mode and it seems to be working OK. It was working fine before with PPPoE. Lets see how long this is going to work

Hi All,
I have been facing this peculiar problem lately: My BSNL UT300R2U modem has to be switched on and off repeatedly to access the net. At startup, The "Data" indicator fails to glow, the "PC/USB" LED blinks slowly, the "Link" LED stays on. When I switch off the modem and restart it, then the "Link" LED starts blinking and shortly after, all LEDs glow and I am connected to the net. I tried windows diagnostics and pinging the router, it dosent work at this time. THe ping goes through when all LEDs are on.
The problem occurs when I switch off the power to the PC and modem.
If I leave the modem powered on, but shut down the PC, after connecting to the net(by switching the modem off and on), the network access is instantaneous the next time PC starts up.
I tried disabling LAN and re-enabling it, but nothing happens. the only thing that works is to shut off the modem and restart it. Restarting the PC alone also did not work.
Earlier I never had this problem. Is the modem faulty???:wall::confuse:

HAI ,

am also facing this problem:madness: Mr satish where is your location , am from kerala now its :iplay:rainy season here, i suspect the problem may be on the telephone line , check whether you can hear any 😗noice😗 on the telephone and ask the lineman to clear the problem......:thumb:

Am not an electronics guy, correct me if I am wrong, if capacitors are blown, the modem shouldn't work at all. In my case it does, only after switching it on and off repeatedly. My apologies for not thanking you for your reply, earlier...

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

HAI ,

am also facing this problem:madness: Mr satish where is your location , am from kerala now its :iplay:rainy season here, i suspect the problem may be on the telephone line , check whether you can hear any 😗noice😗 on the telephone and ask the lineman to clear the problem......:thumb:

I am in TN, there are no rains here(S*** hot!!) checked for whistles/ noise the line seems to be clear...

Check your power adapter. mention ratings. Output 12 output. V A.C ~ or D.C =. amps will be about 1 AMP. Observe polrity if you try a different adapter if. D.C output.Try to exchange ,if on rent,.both modem and power adapter at BSNL The condenser inside may be leaky.@Satish Rk: you are right. modem won't work if the reservoir condenserblows off. Inside the .modem no problem as usually the DC voltage is stepped down to 5 V or 3.8 V and highly stabilised2. Post statistics ADSL data , or snr/attn/line rate/ mod selected.