Help : Understanding deposit charges while plan changes

ISP
bsnl
My regular plan is UL 675
For a period of 18/08/15 to 26/08/15 I changed my Plan to ULD 1445 then again changed back to my old plan UL 675 on 27/08/15.

Broadband security deposit should be one month’s plan advance. Initially my broadband security deposit was Rs 767.99 as I changed to higher plan I was charged Rs 600.00 as broadband security deposit but it didn’t adjusted back when I again changed my plan to lower rental plan. In bill Invoice Date 06/09/2015 total bill was of Rs 1599.00 I thought it will be adjusted in next month so paid my bill.

But in this month’s bill instead of adjusting Rs 600.00 in bill, the amount is deposited with deposits increasing it from Rs 767.99 to Rs 1367.99

when I moved on higher plan bsnl charged me broadband security deposit in that month's bill but when I again moved on lower plan in same month why my security deposit was not adjusted in same bill or next bill. Broadband security deposit should be one month’s advance charge only and I’m on UL 675 plan.

According to customer care, I will get deposit when I’ll surrender connection. It means if I again change my plan to several higher and lower plans bsnl will just keep adding the difference in deposits?

Kindly clarify if charges are ok or not, i'll post complaint after that.

Last edited:
Take it like this, your current plan is UL 675. BSNL can keep on Rs. 675 of one month rental advance now, no matter whatever plans you have been before. So, they should return you the balance money according to their procedure. How early you get it depends upon your nagging abilities and capacity to withstand their idiocy.

Take it like this, your current plan is UL 675. BSNL can keep on Rs. 675 of one month rental advance now, no matter whatever plans you have been before. So, they should return you the balance money according to their procedure. How early you get it depends upon your nagging abilities and capacity to withstand their idiocy.
Thanks for reply meetdilip! but doesn't it should adjusted automatically in next bill?

They dont adjust..Think of it this way - It goes in a different basket & kept there till you leave..

Sort of like electricity deposits.. when your usage goes up, they ask you to deposit more. But if it comes down later... they dont adjust it...

They dont adjust..Think of it this way - It goes in a different basket & kept there till you leave..

Sort of like electricity deposits.. when your usage goes up, they ask you to deposit more. But if it comes down later... they dont adjust it...

Are sure ? I got my money back when I did last time.

I guess they are inconsistent. I am yet to get back excess deposits that I have paid.