Help : Tryins To Buy New Laptop...(or Comp)

• Thread starter Thread starter Superman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 8,650

Superman

ISP
bsnl 900 plus
please help me out in buying a laptop ....my budget is around 40-50k...though i can stretch it to 52k......the configurations i would prefer are-1. 17 inch glossy screen...(15 will also do but certainly not less than that)2. core duo or core duo 23. comfortable keyboard4. 1gb ram (though 512x512 ddr2 ram will do)5. good grafic card (preferably for the newer games)Also i would prefer if its a Dell or a Acer I will be basically playing and chattin on the laptop ...so it ned not be a work specific lappy...also if any good comps then also do suggest though my budget for a computer is 40k

u can make a fairly awesome machine (desktop) for Rs. 40 K. with a faster core 2 duo with 1 GB ram and a pretty awesome graphic card. laptops for gaming? i had suggest, stick to a desktop.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 18 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]83756[/snapback]
u can make a fairly awesome machine (desktop) for Rs. 40 K. with a faster core 2 duo with 1 GB ram and a pretty awesome graphic card. laptops for gaming? i had suggest, stick to a desktop.[/b]

ya well i do noe that...but still its jus the simple FACINATIOn of having a portable pc...an as it is im not much of an avid gamer...its jus two or three games i play....😀.....but i did think a lot about mac mini though....can u please tell me about its price in India...

Well i did shortlist...two laptops....(think ill go for a lappy only since even my mom is quite keen for it ).......1.Acer 3000 portable series Centrino with 915 Chipset- The TravelMate 3000 adopts the new generation of Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology- Sonoma Platform (915 chipset)2.Acer aspire 5101 AMD TURION 64 mobile technology...........is Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology better than AMD????...in terms of playing games....an basically all entertainment stuff............the 3000 portable also flaunts a Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2300 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.66GHz, 667 MHz FSB)though 5101 doesnt have core dou but still its got a 2.0 GHz........can 1.66 in 3000 portable be upgraded to 2.0????????also my friend told me that amd is much better than a core dou for entertainment and core dou is basicaly for office based work or professionals....also 3000 has a 12.1 inch screen now...me using a 15" monitor since 5 yers and cannot recall seeing a 12.1"screen ever !.....will it be too small for me ...who is quite happy with 15"???????please help!

I just enquired a core 2 duo based desktop config for around 31,000 INR without a monitorConfig is likeCore2 Duo160Gb SATADVD writer256 MB NVIDIA GE FORCE Video card 512 MB DDR2 RAM.

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 19 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]83835[/snapback]
I just enquired a core 2 duo based desktop config for around 31,000 INR without a monitor

Config is like
Core2 Duo
160Gb SATA
DVD writer
256 MB NVIDIA GE FORCE Video card
512 MB DDR2 RAM.[/b]

Could u please help me out with my problem regarding the laptops which i have posted earlier.............also as for a laptop can anyone tell me that can the grafhic card be changed ....and obviosly ram can be definitly upgraded......

can the grafhic card be changed?

really??? din noe that?!!!!!?......by the way is ATI radeon x1600 or NVIDIA 7300 or NVIDIA 7600 ok for the newer games........considering the fact that i always play counter strike or maybe tony hawks....can the much newer games like fear or maybe nfs carbon work on it (though i feel that the chances are really less🙁 )

that's why i suggest going for a desktop. get a cheaper card right now and upgrade to one that supports dx 10 when they become affordable. with laptops you would be stuck with the configuration u buy coz upgrading them is not economical or possible in most cases.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 19 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]83906[/snapback]
that's why i suggest going for a desktop. get a cheaper card right now and upgrade to one that supports dx 10 when they become affordable.

with laptops you would be stuck with the configuration u buy coz upgrading them is not economical or possible in most cases.[/b]

could u please give me the configurations for a comp at 40k.......
along with the price tag......

and a monitor 17" price of i exchanged it with my 15" samsung 4yr old monitor........

For Rs 40,000u can get top of the notch desktop17" LCDcore2 duo1 GB RAMDVD writer160GB SATAa decent graphics cardThough this may go to a round 45000

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 18 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]83754[/snapback]
Also i would prefer if its a Dell or a Acer[/b]
Why do you prefer these two brands only ?

Personally after my exp with a thinkpad, i would not think of buying anything else but. Oh..and i don't play games at all.

A laptop in India is a good idea for the simple reason of ever increasing amt of power cuts here.