Help : Tryins To Buy New Laptop...(or Comp)

• Thread starter Thread starter Superman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 8,654
Keyboard customiser utility, you get to pick which it will be 🙂Tho i've since started using the mouse, only thing i need it for is to bring up win explorer. Once explorer is up, its just an Alt+Tab away.

thinkpad i agree are solidly built but they need to have a real Window Key. A mapped key is not going to help me out. personally i think toshiba makes the best quality laptops. Sony makes the best compact ones. Acer makes the best value for money products. Lenovo just has a right mixture of everything...

I don't care about style etc, a thinkpad is just right not too ugly or too pretty, road warrior standard. I'm talking about the thinkpads b4 lenovo picked them up, can't see why that should make any diff.bI've been running mine 4yrs and counting 365x24x7 straight. i might need to change the HD one of these days.

3-4 months to change a HD ?..i was thinking of doing it myself, there was a thread here earlier about which was the best HD for a portable.

well it's hard to believe personally. but she did say so. and they charged like 7000 rupees for a 40 (or 60) GB model. i am not exactly sure of the details but her experience was pretty painful esp considering the laptop was outside the warranty period.

hey some one help me out !!!..........see basically i want to go for a Dell cause firslt my friends have bought it and according to them its quite better than thier assembled pc and also quite a good service .....though i have cancelled out Acer since now i wont go for a laptop....basically want i want from a pc is a 15" or 17 " monitor (not too choosy) a 256 mb grafic card 80gb of hdd will do since i got another comp from where i can all burn to disks 😀 a nice motherboard (i have got no idea about motherboards please suggest some which dont make a hole in my pocket and can still be good for gaming) a nice cpu body (this is one of the reasons i was going for dell ) im not too choosy about the speaker can manage with OK OK ones 😀

There was an ad in HT (Delhi) a few days back which was giving a Core2 Duo e4300 , 945G intel Mobo,512MB DDR2, 150GB SATA,15"monitor , DVD combo,keyboard and mouse for Rs 24,990Now u can go for a btter monitor or a DVD writer, and also add a nice graphics card. Guys can u tell how much diff is between a 945G mobo and 965P mobo from intel? Coz a 965P based e6300 core2duo is costing me Rs 32000 without monitor but with a DVD writer and a poor Grafix card

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 23 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]84380[/snapback]
There was an ad in HT (Delhi) a few days back which was giving a Core2 Duo e4300 , 945G intel Mobo,512MB DDR2, 150GB SATA,15"monitor , DVD combo,keyboard and mouse for Rs 24,990[/b]

WOOAH thats some kickass scheme...but obviously that includes buying better grafic card , more ram (Since i need 1 gb) , better monitor , better mouse and keyboard and plus i dont think they would be providing with a nice customer service but obviosly nowadays people do have personal engineers 😀

THOUGH THIS SCHEME NOT AVAILABLE IN KOLKATA ....... :angry:

can ull tell me how much will a comp of core 2 duo , latest grafic card , 15" or 17" monitor and a nice cpu body will cost exactly????????

saw da Dell e520 recently wid core 2 duo (E43000 an 1gb ram along with nvidia 7300 and card reader (no dvd writer) and vista home edition costing about 49k (taxes and delivery charges added)....should i go for it .....Please helpthnx in advance 😀

Can anyone tell me which is the best company for lappy toppys?Can I go for Dell? Dell customer service said after sales support is available in my town. But they have to come from another town because service engineers are in another town near my town. Will they come for small issues also? will they come as many times as my laptop troubles? Or should I go for HP whose service engineers are located in my town itself?

HP has overtaken Dell to become the largest personal computer maker in the world.HP is the largest branded computer maker in India.Dell umm... is taking a lot of shitz from the consumers in the USA.Lenovo is a good choice.In the end, I had say HP does not seem like a bad buy if support is available locally.