Help! Status Light Blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter manmohak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,578

manmohak

ISP
Airtel + Reliance Data card
Hi All,About a week back I got the MTNL Triband conection. I used it for two days and it was working pretty fine with constant speeds.Today I tried to connect it but I was not able to. The status light on modem keeps blinking. After going thru the forum, I checked the Modem settings and to my surprise the Virtual circuit in the status page is shown as Pvc1 and connected as bridge. This is when I did not ever change any settings :angry: ...Anyway, I tried changing the WAN settings to Pvc0 but the settings remain as Pvc1, it does not change. Do not know what to do...Can any of you guys help me out with this? MTNL CC is the last option, and I will have to take an off (or atleast half a day off) to get it corrected as I stay alone and I myself will have to take the modem to MTNL office....Thanks

after applying did ye restarted the modem?tools ---> misc---> reboot.

If their server is down PVC0 does not connect..and it comes automatically to PVC1..If all the settings are like before only chances are their server is down..Happens to me too sometimes..

ok, the solution is here... (i think we've already discussed on it already, but here it goes again)go to the setting page, WAN...it will show u PVC1 (it'll always show u that only no matter what u do)...here is what u need to do...just change the enable to disable...do apply...restart the modem...and u're done!!! 🙂

Ya, I did reboot the modem..exactly the way you mentioned. And yes, I even tried to disable it, but the same thing is happens.......status light blinking...Donno if it can happen due to server down??? May be i should check some time later or in the morning.Thanks anyway..

yeah, it sure did get enabled automatically when MTNL server went down, for me as well...but when i disabled it, it didn't go back to PVC1...wonder what's wrong with u...

Hi Coolbuddy,I could change the settings to Pvc0 today without any problems....but then the problem remain the same...status light blinking and status says 'not connected'. I don't know what is wrong with this...Any suggestions?Cheers!

"status" should be "blinking"...always...just see if u're putting the right user ID and pwd to connect...sometimes that also creates probs...

Thanks Guys! You made my day. Actually during my last session I changed mt password with the MTNL website as remembering the a/c no was not easy. I never thought that the modem is authenticating from the same server and need to input the changed password.. 😉 I changed it now..and its working....Cool Guys! Thanks.