help serious problem

• Thread starter Thread starter rajshah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,231

rajshah

ISP
mtnl
hi..my problem start 30-06-09, i am using glb-802c modem in bridge mode last eight month, now suddenly my bridge mode wont work only saws connecting through wan miniport pppoe, i try to set in pppoe mode but not work and i complain in mtnl lots of time finally one technician come in my office ,his connect own old modem in pppoe mode and work fine, his said your modem is damage change new one ,i have also D-Link glb-502t when i connect i have same problem both pppoe and bridge mode not work,i try also d-link other two modem but problem is same, and i go to borivali simpoli exchange take with my two modem, when i ask to mr yadav what happen to my connection his said D-LINK MODEM CONTRACT WITH MTNL IS FINISH SO ON MAIN SERVER ALL SETTINGS ARE CHANGE AND NOW BUY STERLITE SAM300AX MODEM .I SHOCKEDI ARGUE WITH HIM BUT ALL KNOWS MTNL BABU, FINALLY I BUY STERLITE SAM300AX AND WORKING ONLY IN PPPOE MODE BUT NOT WORK IN BRIDGE MODE. whats going with this kind of issue anybody know??????please help thank you....................

The contract he is referring to is a commercial contract, where MTNL is no longer buying D-Link h/w thats all. One has to be careful about the people one interacts at the exchanges as there are lot of 'know all's' who try to pass on their ignorance as gospel. It's a good practice to politely enquire their rank/designation. BTW have you made any changes/update to your OS.

@rajshah
but same issue.

Take the trouble of spelling out "same issue"
with which modem/router now ?

PROBLEM
D-Link modems don't work.
GLB502T and
GLB802C
SamAX300
WORKING ONLY IN PPPOE MODE BUT NOT WORK IN BRIDGE MODE

see this web site and try to check your dlink modem settings.
D
h t t p://www.dlink.co.in/GLB502T_Guide_modified/index.htm

2. Start All Programs /Accessories / Communications
Network connection Wizard
creat a new Dial up connection . say Sam 300AX.
Delete existing dialer.
If still problem what is the error message ?

Post ipconfig /all data for dialer mode.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig /all