Help selecting dongle

• Thread starter Thread starter EvilFlash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 5,367
ISP
Excitel
Hi,
I live in R.K. Puram, New Delhi, which is a really bad place for someone to live. Reason is, there is no other ISP available other than MTNL in my area. And I've had enough of MTNL. Ridiculous plans, frequent and irritating downtimes (atleast 3-4 per day). I dont understand dongles and their data usage. Is there really no one who provides a decent FUP? Please advise.

Not an easy task.

Budget? Expected speed? Do you game?

Get an unlocked dongle.

For GSM 3G mtnl is your only option.
For CDMA reliance is your only option.

Unlimited plan on mtnl is 1650.
Unlimited plan on reliance is 949.

Speed of either can't be judged without trying them out yourself.

Reliance speed may not exceed 1mbps, mtnl might.

Gaming will be near impossible on mtnl 3G. You might be able to game on reliance.

But, both require different dongles. Mtnl needs GSM dongle which can work with airtel, vf, idea, aircel and reliance GSM.

Reliance cdma needs cdma dongle which will work with mts, reliance and tata cdma.

Take your pick.

Finally, wireless is not a substitute for wired.

Reactions: SVK
Search kar lo.

Mtnl under 3G prepaid section on their website.

Reliance CDMA:
6367f4c263d3728d45cea1eef7cf6cff.jpg

I have a mtnl gsm and reliance gsm. Found the mtnl 1650 plan to be better. But how is it related to sims. I really don't understand how dongles work.

What speed do you get on mtnl 3G at home?

Reliance gsm doesn't have unlimited. Only reliance CDMA does.

How do you know its not 3G? 1mbps is possible only on 3G. If you're using it on a phone, mind attaching a screenshot of the phone with data connection active?

Upload to imgur.com and post link here.
Forum doesn't support image uploads.

Edit
H is a 3G standard. So, that's 3G alright. With 1650 plan too, you'll get similar speeds.