Help Required to access Router page

• Thread starter Thread starter sujay840
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,916

sujay840

ISP
MTNL
I am new to this so i dont know much about accessing the router page .i have ip 192.168.1.2subnet mask 255.255.255.0default gateway 192.168.1.1preferrd DNS 203.94.227.70alternate DNS 203.94.243.70I have a DSL - 502T routerI can ping with router . As per the instructions provided i type 192.168.1.1 in the url but the error i get is newtork time out . I am not able to access router . Is it i have to reset the modem first then try to access the router page? plz helpi can only access the webpage when i rest my modem . After when i do the settings for net and save it and reboot . i cant access it again . plz help

Hi,

We all are suffering from 'April Problems' which are still haunting us to death. You also seem to be a victim of the same.

Check this thread here for further details =>

MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity - Broadband Forum India

Thanks for ur reply ....But my connection is working .I mean i able to connect with the internet .But i am not able to access with the router . Anyway what should i do for this ?Do i have to complain to the MTNL ?

Try changing your LAN IP to something like 192.168.1.4 or 192.168.1.5 and see if it works.

Also use OpenDNS's DNS servers. Its much faster than MTNL's. Use these as your DNS address:

Thanks for ur reply ....
But my connection is working .
I mean i able to connect with the internet .
But i am not able to access with the router .

Anyway what should i do for this ?
Do i have to complain to the MTNL ?

What you are facing is a symptom of one of the 'April Problems' just check that thread I have specified all the symptoms there is one post. You can complain but dont expect a resolution as they are aware of it & according to them its still 'Work In Progress'

its a bit strange that you cant access your router's page because of an MTNL problem.. what if you disconnect the telephone line from the modem and then try?