Help required on Broadband Installation CD

• Thread starter Thread starter KD1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,103

KD1

ISP
BSNL
I currently have the BSNL MT882 broadband modem on my desktop and need to install the software/device driver for the same on my laptop. Unfortunately the disc which had the BSNL model drivers etc is not with me anymore. I need help on how I can get another copy of the disc or install the required drivers from some other source. Pls help. Thanks,KD

If u are looking for the USB driver, it can be downloaded from SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU

cool_techie...I tried installing these drivers last night but was not succesful - it seems that the driver is not compatible with Vista OS. Any advise on how to get this fixed? Thanks,KD

Well i think there isnt any Vista Drivers for the product the atm. U could try using the Ethernet interface.

Thanks cool_techie - Should I just install the PPoE client for ethernet and not worry about the drivers for the modem at all? Thanks again,KD

No. special drivers are required for Ethernet connection. Just connect it, create a new pppoe connection, dial the connection and start surfing.

Thanks! The ethernet connection approach is not working either - I connected the modem using the ethernet cable and then tried to install PPoE but my disk started crashing when I did the same.Any other advise? Thanks,KD

@KD1 Do not connect to Internet. Clear temporary files from IE.
In IE try this. http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html Id etc
You will get Advanced options.
Program PPP/PPPoE ('always on") with ID ( without @ bsnl ) password.
Enable DHCP. After SAVE/reboot check in Diagnostics . mostly all will fail!.
In computer ( network) TCP/IP select assign IP address automatically.
Also disable IPV6.
Connect to Internet. If computer does not crash check Diagnostics again.
USB and ATM will show fail . rest should pass. .
If computer crashes what is the error message you get before crash ?

Thanks essbebe. Will try this out. However - what exactly do you mean by run diagnostics? Thanks,KD

After making changes in the modem settings and rebooting it, again open the modem . In the menu under Advanced, your connection is checked under "Diagnostics".
I may have posted a screen shot of the page. In TinyPic - Share the Experience!™ in Search type DATAONE. will post a new one later tonight after ( 9 PM.).

This will tell if the connection is OK.
In computer ipconfig/all shows IP default gateway etc.

Essbebe - thanks for your advise. I could get broadband up and running on my vista laptop with the ethernet connection. I will check on the last post you sent with the screen shot so that its aligned with the full set of instructions you had sent. Thanks again,KD

@kd1 Did you disable IPV6 ?Try for a week your Internet connection/modem , "as it is where it is !"a)From modem save settings to harddisk, b)or save as screen shots all modem pages, orc)copy data in a nice notebook .( Old exercise note book , we use in schools !)Para two : Diagnostics page in modem is seen only if there is a problem/ or no internet connectivity.

Essbebe - I did diable IPv6...will try out all the stuff you said although I don't think I have anything like the screen shot you sent to me a couple of posts back - but for now its working and will ping on this forum again if things don't go well... Cheers!KD