Help required for buying a 5.1 channel audio system to connect to my Tata Sky HD

• Thread starter Thread starter apurbakm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,380

apurbakm

ISP
Alliance
I have a 32" Samsung series 5 LCD and Tata Sky HD and now the problem is that I cannot enjoy the 5.1 surround sound. My question to this forum is - which audio system shall I buy to enjoy the 5.1 surround sound ? Please let me know the brand name and the series number. I also have a plan to buy the Samsung BD-C5500 or Sony BDP-S370/B Blu-ray player. So please please suggest a good 5.1 Audio system which can be connected to my Tata Sky HD and Blu ray player at the same time and I do not have to make any changes while watching movies in Blu-ray player or watching HD channels through Tata Sky.

What is your budget? I have a Sony - DAV - DZ510. No regrets till date. I use Airtel HD and have a Playstation 3, connected to a Bravia. The sound is crisp, the bass is perfect, and the sound split is good. If you are anyways going for a Blu ray player, i suggest the BDV - E870...

What is your budget? I have a Sony - DAV - DZ510. No regrets till date. I use Airtel HD and have a Playstation 3, connected to a Bravia. The sound is crisp, the bass is perfect, and the sound split is good. If you are anyways going for a Blu ray player, i suggest the BDV - E870...

how do you interconnect them ? Can you please provide more detailed explanation ?

The home theater has Component, Composite, SPDIF and Optical inputs. Your Tata Sky HD will have a SPDIF output. Use a SPDIF cable, you should be able to get it at a Staples store, and connect the two. Use a HDMI port to connect the video to the TV. The Set top box will be intelligent enough to split the sound and the video, and route the video thro HDMI and audio through spdif. If not, just mute the volume on your Tv. And for your bluray player follow the same process, but this time using a optical cable. (I hope the moden blu ray players have optical ports)Am I making myself clear?