Help reqd...modem not connecting

• Thread starter Thread starter amda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,734

amda

I have a dataone connection..Connection was working fine till yesterday i got a Windows blue screen error on my PC and had to reboot...After rebooting I cannot seem to get the modem working on my PC(I checked the modem on my laptop...it is working fine...I can surf without issues)The staus bar on the PC shows the connected icon, but the packets sent and recd are only 0(zero).......hav checked and rechecked LAN settings and protocol settings....also the modem LEDs are on as they are supposed to be. 1) What could be the problem?2) Could it be that I have a blown up ethernet/lan card (thats the only thing I can think of now as the modem is working fine..)3) If so how much will a new card come forThanks in advance for any postings and help.

try updating the LAN card drivers...

and how would one do that..??as in I do not have the latest drivers...so would they be available online??Also I have WIn2K loaded...how can I find out which LAN card o I have?

just double click those two little computers on the system tray and u'll see the make/brand of the LAN card in the "General" tab under "Connect using"...now download the latest driver from the internet, or if u have the floppy/CD of the same, update it from there...to update, click on "Configure" on the same window and then "Driver" tab on the new window...then "Update Driver..." and give the path where the driver is saved...it'll update it and most probably ask to reboot...reboot the system and u should be able to connect again...enjoy!!! 🙂PS: if u're wondering how to download the lastet driver from internet, just connect it through the USB port for the time being...