Help - Reliance Netconnect+ speed capped to 1mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 12,878
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not an netconnect+ user but just wanted to chime in my experience with Reliance CDMA prepaid plan 949 on a unlocked Huawei modem.

My location (Rangapuram, Vellore, Tamilnadu) has got no alternative to BSNL in terms of wired broadband connection so I was left with mobile internet options. I was looking for somewhat speedy net connection that didn't cost me a lot and had sufficient download limit. That's when the guidance of @x720 helped me choose Reliance CDMA prepaid plan of Rs 949 along with unlocked Huawei EC306 dongle for FUP less data plan. BTW, my house is located less than 2 miles from the lone Reliance tower (with only EVDO-A provision) and MTS tower.

I have been using this connection for over a month now, I get 3 to 4 bars of network signal across my house. Speeds are very consistent (anywhere between 1.5 mbps to 2 mbps) at most of the times with occasional speed bursts of 2.5 mbps for an hour or two a day. I haven't experienced any speed throttling or capping yet.

Cheers!

(Apologies to OP for being OT with my post, just wanted to share my experience of non-throttled speed hence posted here)

I'm looking to get CDMA based internet..I just moved to Chennai..and I'm already exploring BSNL EVDO
I need a true UL connection..I live in Tambaram..any suggestions ??
I don't need a router..I have a CDMA based phone which I intend to use..any suggestions on where to start ?

Chennai has RevB. Get an unlocked revB dongle (EC 306 or 315), and a Reliance CDMA sim and enjoy 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.