Help Regarding Wifi Connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter saif
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,715

saif

Hi every1,ok i know a lot posts have been put on this topic already, but im still a little unsure ...so bear with me and plz help me out ....i am using dataone@256 with MT841 modem...i am basically trying to connect my laptop wirelessly.The following is the equipmet i have, In-built card in laptopIntel®PRO/Wireless LAN 200 3B Mini PCI AdapterSeparate PCMCIA CardD-Link AirPlus DWL-G650+802.11g/2.4Ghz Wireless Cardbus AdapterThe D-Link card is my friends,so imnot sure if this is enuff or whether i still need a PCMCIA card for the modem??PLz help...thanks in advance...

^ as I understand it :

you already have inbuilt wireless card in Laptop
and your D-Link card is also for the Laptop . This
card is not suitable to connect into the modem .

WCBG03H PCMCIA 802.11b/g wireless card adapter
for MT841 is required . contact BSNL if they provide it .

this post is based on information from D-Link and this Link

thanks seshu...i looked the links u mentioned, so basically this external card is doing the same job as the one in-built in the laptop rite(perhaps a little better in performance)?? and i still need to get hold of pcmcia card for the modem... would it be cheaper to buy it form the market or bsnl??Also since im investing so much in this modem, i'd like to know that if later i decide to shift to a diff broadband ISP, can i use the same modem???thnks once again 4 the reply....

^ the card from BSNL is supposed to be at best
price . A member reported that he got it for free !
pls see : Link