Help: Problem With My Samsung Combo Drive

rohin_mattoo

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne
HEY CAN ANYONE SOLVE MY PROBLEM.... 🙁 I HAVE A SAMSUNG COMBO DRIVE IN MY SYSTEM, THE PROBLEM I M FACING FROM SOME DAYS IS THAT ITS READ LIGHT CONTINOUSLY REMAIN BLINKING AS IF IT IS READING DATA FROM THE DRIVE.FOR THIS REASON I SUFFER FROM FREQUENT HANG UPS.EVEN BOOTING PROCESS HAS SLOWED DOWN.WHEN I REMOVE THE DRIVE FROM MY SYSTEM, THEN I FACE NO PROBLEM. BOOTING IS ALSO FAST AND SYSTEM ALSO RUNS SMOOTHLY....WHAT CAN B WRONG.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME.... 🙁

^ did you forget a disk in the drive 😉 ...check its data cable . if it is not the culpritthen your drive / interfacing card developeda fault . and fixing required by a technician .

hey no disc is inside. will check its cable i suppose...it also does not read the disc properly....

Three things that may help you:#1) A CD drive lens cleaner (available for around Rs. 100 from any decent music store).#2) Totally uninstlaling the drivers for the drive and then reinstalling it.#3) Not writing in ALLCAPS. Seriously, don't be annoying.

I guess samsung drives are trouble.I have a dumb samsung CD drive that will open only if it has a CD inside.If not it will not open! And that has happened and my drive is useless now. 😛

Check event log (start > run > eventvwr.msc) for hardware related errors...