Help Please

• Thread starter Thread starter vintage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,927

vintage

ISP
mtnl
Hello all,Problem 1:My connection's been fluctuating for a couple of weeks now. It works for 10 mins, then doesnt work ..i switch the router off, then switch it back on again and it starts working. This always stops my downloads, and prohibits my chatting on MSN/Yahoo as well.Repeated calls to the CC service have yielded no result:1) They don't know proper English.2) The call usually ends with - "I am unable to help you sir. I will forward this call to my senior". At this point the connection is disconnected.Problem 2:My account summary still shows that I have a 256 kbps connection and I haven't observed any change in speeds either. Are the change in speeds after upgrade noticeable as they should be? Does the account summary show the upgrade to 2mbps? (I'm in Delhi)Can anyone help please? Thank you smile.gif

I am having similar problem too.........the downloads stop in between.

Call Mr. Shubhendu. I've PMed you his number. He'll surely upgrade you to 2 Mbps 🙂 .

man, this shubhendu guy would be wondering how come he got so famous overnight... 😛 :lol:

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Mar 1 2007, 01:52 AM) [snapback]81664[/snapback]
man, this shubhendu guy would be wondering how come he got so famous overnight... 😛 :lol:[/b]
who is this mr shubendu??

@lokesh...nope...had it been the case, i'd have been enjoying 2 mbps by now 🙁still u can try ur luck, u never know...he basically has the control, so it's basically on him... 🙂

QUOTE(kabir @ Mar 1 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]81680[/snapback]
who is this mr shubendu??[/b]
Mtnl ka Apna genie 😀

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Mar 3 2007, 02:27 AM) [snapback]81944[/snapback]
@lokesh...nope...

had it been the case, i'd have been enjoying 2 mbps by now 🙁

still u can try ur luck, u never know...he basically has the control, so it's basically on him... 🙂[/b]

acha, aise hi will he do? wat his no.? any exchange he will do for?

Hey guys, back on NU. But download was stopped when I woke up around 7:20 a.m. I'm using bridge mode. The connection disconnected, and I don't think Windows ever tried to reconnect. Any ideas guys?

Nope, it does not. I saw it with my own eyes yesterday. It was like the connection slowly and staedily comes to a halt. Then you can't disconnect, or do anything. I clicked on 'disconnect' a thousand times, waited for 10 mins, but nothing happened. I finally had to restart the computer, and then restart the modem, then the connection became alive. Also one thing which I noticed was when I started downloading (around 12:20 am), my downstream SNR Margin was 24... while when the connection stopped (around 6:15 am) the SNR Margin had dropped to 18. When I shut off and again shut on the router, if I do it immediately, I can't reconnect. I have to give a pause of about 3-4 mins before switching it on again. The router is not heating up.Any ideas, guys?