Help Please

• Thread starter Thread starter vintage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,931
even i experienced that...but restarting just the router solves the problem...i didn't need to restart the pc...but it's fine now...seems they must be doing something... 🤔

Not solved till now. I've observed that my SNR margin keeps on decreasing constantly with time! It drops from 24 to 13-14. I think this is the main reason for disconnection. So I've found using PPPoE mode as a simple solution to the problem. I'm not liking it much, with all the port forwarding hassles to take care of, but I don't have any choice. I don't like the telnet reboot method either. Anyways, I can't do anything about it. A question - Does PPPoE mode revive automatically if it freezes at some point in the night?

well, i think that's the price of being on 2 mbps 😛i had the same issue when i was having 2 mbps...not anymore...

@Apoorv - if your link goes, it will reconnect automatically in ppoea mode....i'm also experiencing the same drop in SNR margin, but it remains between 10 - 16

my SNR drops even to 0 and 1 but no disconnection whatsoever..i have this unknown chinese make modem which is really good at holding onto connections at low SNR margins..

'Freeze' is different from disconnection. Freeze means that you are connected, but download slows down gradually and comes to a stop. This means all the lights on router are on.