Help Please

Hello!
I am a newbie and have no knowledge about routers and i have been using a wired bsnl modem for 6 years and i have the plan UL-500 i.e. 512kbps till 4gb 256kbps from 4gb.

Now i bought an android phone(the samsung Galaxy y ) and want a wireless router. I am not a hardcore user but just wanna know if this router-TP-Link wireless n router TP LINK 150Mbps Wireless N Router | Router | Flipkart.com which satisfies my needs will work with my bsnl ul 500 plan ? also will i need a wifi device on my pc to connect with it or can i wire it to my pc? And my last question which you experts will find dumb will the wireless router cost me extra each month?

Thanks a lot.

Yes this router will work for any type of broadband, irrespective of whether it is BSNL or Airtel or your local cable operator. There will be a few settings you might need to change in your modem to make it all work - for example, if you currently use a dialer on your PC, you will need to change You will have to put the cable that currently goes from your BSNL modem to your PC in to the WAN port on the new router. Then another wire from one of the LAN ports on the new router to your PC (the new router will come with the appropriate cable, don't worry). You will not require any WiFi device on your PC, and it will not cost you extra each month. BSNL will ony charge you for WiFi if you are renting the WiFi router from them.On that note, TP-Link does not give good performance, you are better off with something from Netgear (eg model WGR614) or Asus (eg model N10E) in that price bracket. Avoid D-Link as well.