Help please..am very confused and helpless

• Thread starter Thread starter Shashank41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,222

Shashank41

ISP
Bsnl
I have a ul1350 dataone plan with modem ut300r2u. Now i have been using this since the last year on usb port and hv worked perfectly .last month it stopped suddenly and after diagnostics the bsnl guys changed the modem as it had developed a fault. Now i tried to set this new one up on ethernet and it does not work at all . Neither on usb or on ethernet. I know the modem is fine since i am able to ping it and the dsl and ethernet leds are also blazing. But am unable to surf the net. I tried everything from configuring the dns to assigning the gateway.both on the pc and the dsl router.still the diagnostics shows error pinging default gateway . My vpi setings r 0-35 pppoe dns automatic and so is the ip adres. I also tried the dns 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 without success.my gateway is 10.239.105.1 it is assigned to the pc automatically . What to do with this ? the ie8 diagnostics test shows the 'error finding winsock base providers2 not all providers could be found in the catalog. A reset may be needed. ' what is this ?can nybdy help?

private lan address.
problem here .

In TCp/Ip properties
type 192.168.1.10

dns 208.67.220.220
Save apply.
Open modem
follow instructions ;
new ut300r2u at bsnl calcutta telephones site.

BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

or the wiki page here for this modem.

Post device status if still problem.

feedback.

I encountered a problem while changing the gateway in the router config menu. Every time i change the gateway and reboot the router, it reverts back to the previous value . Tried changing just the gateway value on pc . Didnt work. My modem worked fine on another connection so that is not a problem. And the router itself is assigning this gateway value. Is that wrong ? and thnx fr the quick rply

I encountered a problem while changing the gateway in the router config menu. Every time i change the gateway and reboot the router, it reverts back to the previous value . Tried changing just the gateway value on pc . Didnt work. My modem worked fine on another connection so that is not a problem. And the router itself is assigning this gateway value. Is that wrong ?
and thnx fr the quick rply

this the gateway that got from BSNL because BSNL is restricting this process to conserve the IP address range....

if u r in NIB -2 u will definaty face this problem .........

hi 😉as ur gateway in 10.239.105.1than your TCp/Ip properties would be10.239.105.2255.0.0.010.239.105.1dns 10.239.105.1Save apply.after this unplug the lan cable from pc,turn off ur router and wait for 60 seconds and reboot the router,after rebooting the router once pppoE led begins blinking,connect the lan cable to the computer,verify that the ip setting on the pc remains the same as i mentioned above.these steps are the simplest and if done exactly as said than u'll be on. :thumb:in case problem continues let me knoe i'll give an way out... :cool2: