Help : not connecting properly !

do2blehelix

ISP
BSNL_NIC
First of all Hi to all the members here.

Next, to the point
I have a bsnl dataone connection, Home250 for the past 3 months.

Of late the problem arises that I cannot connect frequently to the internet.

Let me explain - Whenever I try to connect, it connects easily for 2 or 3 times (ie connecting and disconnecting), but then it starts showing that 'Connecting to bsnl>Verifying Username and Password' and stops. Then the next moment when I try connecting it shows 'Connecting to bsnl' and stops. And when I go on repeting, the 'Connecting to bsnl>Verifying Username and Password' & 'Connecting to bsnl' crops up randomly.

And often, even at the start of a new windows session I fail to connect, even for once (at the time of writing I am having this problem) !
Sometimes if I wait for 20 mins or so before I can connect ie after I have the 'Connecting to bsnl>Verifying Username and Password' & 'Connecting to bsnl' dreads.
And sometimes after 'Connecting to bsnl>Verifying Username and Password' it takes some time to get registerd on the network.

I am having trouble when I need to connect to the net in case of important things.

By the way : I HAVE HAMACHI INSTALLED & I CONNECT THROUGH RASDIAL.
(I presume that they are not the problem creators - correct me if i am wrong) or is my modem faulty ??

My modem is the Nokia-siemens c2110 and it is connected to my comp through lan (onboard_realtek)
All the modem LEDs glow properly.
I have windows firewall disabled.
My modem is connected to the ups. Sometimes (often) when loadshedding occurs and my comp is online, I dont disconnect - I simply shut down !
I try by disabling the lan then re-enabling & reparing - but no avail !

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR HELP !

have u tried in pppoe mode. BSNL site says to do it so as they are facing huge issues with 678 and other error code

PLEASE CONFIGURE CPEs IN PPPOE MODE ONLY WITH CORRECT USER ID AND PASSWORD TO AVOID 676/678/691 ERRORS.PLEASE AVOID RESETTING OF CPEs, FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE LOG ON TO UTSTARCOM Technical Support Center OR Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

There are some technical documents in which it helps to change from your dialing mode to PPPoE mode. try it out

friend, once u login to 192.168.1.1, and give the username/password in modem thru PPPoE mode, you are done.. You dont have to dial thru the pc. Once you switch on the modem, it should get connected automatically. If you set it up in that way, you r done. All the above link was for that only.