Help Needed !

• Thread starter Thread starter gajoshi2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,513

gajoshi2000

HI,I've been using dataone 256 from last 2 months. It worked fine for first 1 month. Then a strange problem started. It started to get disconnected exactly after 1 min. Very rarely I could get a stable connection. I reported the problem saveral times. They sent a lineman 2 times and confirmed that there is no prblem in the phone line and so no problem from their end! THey advised me to format my computer and reinstall evrything ! It looks like they don't know much about the other technical aspects. Now-a-days the connection doesn't last even for 1 min. I've checked for viruses and trojans with updated Symantec antivirus. I'am using USB and not LAN card.Also, I've reinstalled the modem several times.Has anybody faced similar problem? Please help me to resolve this problem. Because, when it was working I was getting a discent speed (about 220 kbps!). Thanks,Gurunath

try a linux live cd to see if the problem is indeed with the windows platform. 🙂

mm. u would need a live CD. get one from any of ur friends. boot using it. configure ur network. try to login and check the stability. would work if ur router logs into the network. but i dont think ur doing that. i had let other users comment on this post... 😕

I was thinking of the same. But, I want to make sure if this is the only or one of reasons for disconnection. I was getting a descent speed with USB with good stable connection. So, the possibility is the problem may persist with LAN card too.

Well i am not sure on this but my friend had the same problem. Its has been quite some time since we solved that problem but he used to tell me that when he connected through USB he got a a connection at 10 Mbps and when he did it through LAN he got it at 100 Mbps.Now i am not sure wether thats true or not but if it is true then most probably you should change. Though i would really advise gettin a second opinion on that. I aint no expert on this..xD.

Try LAN..hardly takes a minute..what have u got to loose anyway.. 🙂