Help needed with Smart AX MT800 modem!

• Thread starter Thread starter voodoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 12,743

voodoo

I'm from Bangalore & i had applied for Dataone 256Kbps connection on April 20. I got a call yesterday from BSNL saying that there r no tech guys so i should go over to the exchange and install the modem on my own!. I bought the modem MT800. There r 5 led indicators - Power , ADSL( link ),ADSL( ACT ), LAN( link ), LAN( act )The power indicator is on and ADSL link led is steady & on and LAN link led is on. But the ADSL act and LAN act led doesn't show any light. Anyway i configured IP,DNS,etcThe ethernet adapter shows 100mbps connected but there is no flow of data and i can't access 192.168.1.1 thru i.e or firefox. Even my P4 2.6 GHz comp hangs a lot when connected. Also there is no response from ping check [ ping 192.168.1.1 ]. BSNL says that there is problem with my ethernet card itself. Is there any prob with my ethernet card itself.Guys help me what might be the problem

Lights seem perfect if steady for the 3 u said.Hanging and other symptoms indicate ethernet card prob on the face of it.

Hi guys I am sharath, I am also facing the same problem.I have in fact changed my ethernet card 3 times and also formatted the comp once.I am on XP which shows its connected perfectly well.Its been over a week now and i am thinkin of returnin the connection before giving a last try.In fact my comp does not hang and is perfectly alright. One more thing is that when I disable and enable the network connection , it gets enabled but gives a msg saying connection failed. Pls advise

well guys yippie i got it right. It was problem with my National Semiconductor - Ethernet card. I got it changed. But speed is really hopeless. I get 12-15 kbps when downloading thru ABC(Bittorrent client). Anyway BSNL workers do not have the full knowledge about dataone.

Newbie try a simple Realtek or D-Link Ethernet card. May do the trick. Unless ur on a Laptop as u have National Semiconductor and they provide just that.

Hi Guys. Am new over here, may be this can help u solve the pblm. First check whether ur LAN led is showing RED. Then connect with the CPE http://192.168.1.1 or ur gateway IP thro' IE or any browser. Give username and pwd, both "admin". And check whether Access type is G.DMT and Latency is FAST. Goto ATM Settings and click the Magnifier icon in the bottom and change the settings to "Connect on start" or something, i don't remember exactly. Its the middle on and click submit. Goto DNS and set the DNS as 61.1.96.69 and secondary as 61.1.96.71. Click saveand Reboot. Save ur settings and Reboot the CPE. Then again logon and Goto "Other Settings" and Click Diagnostics and check whether ur CPE is able to connect to the ISP. It will give PASS for all the settings except the 3 in the 2nd column.

If everything is correct, check ur Network properties. Right Click Network Neighbourhood and the right click Local Area Conn nad goto properties then Choose the TCP/IP and click properties. Check whether all the settings are correct.
IP:192.168.1.***
Subnet:255.255.255.0
GataWay:192.168.1.1
DNS: 61.1.96.69 Secondary: 61.1.96.71 These are the settings for me. Urs can be different, but check the like of this.
Try updating windows and ur NIC driver.

Thanx and regards.
Rajesh K Kumar

Well congrats newbie , but my connecton is still not configured, the person from bsnl told me he is goin to get a laptop to check the line.There is no problem with the realtek ethernet card I a using.as its works in other person's computer very well.Te problem is that the http:// 192.168.1.1 ...modem configuration gateway does not open at all . it has tken 1 week of my time and still nothing is happening .All the lights on the modem is as specified.I have tried everything including using bsnl configuration manual.nothing is working.

ya i have realtek ethernet card. It's quite good. But my LAN act and ADSL led act keeps blinking is there any problem. Also my ADSL Link led is always red. My download speeds from FTP servers r really slow. I also have a prob. In the diagnostics page i'm not able to test my connection it just shows ( 'unknow' ) for all PVC-ID

Call the BSNL guys and also make sure ur hardware guys are there also.

Hi the hardware guys checked everything on my comp and after confirmin that everything was alright they called the bsnl guys to confirm.Anyways they are getting their laptop here to check on monday , and if it does not work I am goin ahead and surrendering the connection.

U may get in touch with the DE Internal of BSNL and express to him your problem that has no got solved and he will then try to ensure that BSNL guys fix it as ur hardware is fine.

give me the ip address...... subnet mask and the default gateway.. and tell me whats the enet card that u guys r using .. also go to the LAN properties.... Choose internet protocol tcp/ip and properties... and tell me in the next window if any IP's or DNS is forced... is it on " obtain ip address automatically and obtain DNS server auotmatically " ???

On the back of the smartax mt800 is a little reset pinhole next to the power socket, try reseting.

then in your computer set your IP to 192.168.1.2 manualy, set your GATEWAY IP to 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 then in your browser try opening http://192.168.1.1/ user 'admin' password 'admin' without the quotes of course... does that work?

If you get your modem webpage instead of "connect on data" i use "always on" and it shows me a green "link" word in the status...

check out http://appaji.net/ for the bsnl smartax mt800 faq/howto

🙁 Hello first of all I want to thank you guys for providing me with suggestions.I have tried out all the suggestion you guys have given and still the problem persists.I just unplugged the ethernet card (which is Davicom9102/a but uses realtek chipset) and am using the dial up modem now .I had gone and met the Area manager and told him that if they cannot resolve the issue , They can take their modem backone tuesday next.The manager was still arguing saying that my comp has a problem.In fact I made them change the whole set including the modem.So waiting for Monday and their last try.Thanx again for all your suggestions.