Help needed with 5net

• Thread starter Thread starter 18celebs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 9,206

18celebs

ISP
balimmarappo
Hi!I bought a Fivenetwork 10mbps connection at Kalyan, Mumbai. They installed the connection the next day i called them. I was quite impressed by the quick installation but i am still disappointed because I bought 10mbps plan at 8500rs for one year but the actual download speed i'm getting only 133KB/s (1mbps) when i suppose to get at least 1MB/s on 10mbps plan. So, i called the guy and asked him why i'm getting only 1mbps then he said "you need to wait 2 days till your form get processed, after that you will get speed according to your plan". So, is it true? wll i get actual speed after my form get processed. Is there anyone else who experienced the same issue??

well if they ar saying it frm there end then u have to wait.....

Today they activated my 10mbps plan as promised...moderators can close this thread now

^ No point in contacting Fivenet unless you are from Sion. Better check their site for the contact info of their so-called distributor in your area. Calling Fivenet directly is not very fruitful in my opinion.

No brainer it has to be the 10Mbps unlimited plan,only problem have to pay for a year and 5net charges are 5999/- but the local cable guy will add his installation charges,profit etc.I paid last month a total of 9000 bucks for this plan in Dadar(e) area.

Thanks a lot guys for all the feedback and knowledge sharing.
I finally got the Fivenet connection today
Few points to note for other who are following this thread

1) Cost is decided by cable guy 😛 - 8k for annual 10 Mbps connection (instead of 6k mentioned on Fivenet website)
2) First 2 days its a free trial at 1Mbps speed (screenshots attached below) ...will post the actual screenshot on saturday
3) installation was very quick ..called them yesterday ..the engineer came today and the cat 5 cabling was done in less than 1 hour
4) yet to test the full capability of DC++ ...
5) No cablewala involved in my scenario - weblink (my provider) only provides internet .,..and directly coordinates with Fivenet ..so 1 less party in the whole loop

Overall its seems to be better than what i had till yesterday - because it has NO FUP !!!

We get it that you want Fivenet - but multiple posts about the same thing in different threads ? 🙂

Posting the solution again

1) Use this link - Five Network Solutions India Ltd to search for cable wala in your area
2) Talk to your neighbour's cablewala and try to figure out who provides internet in that area

How do i get fivenet connection in Andheri East.. Any help with it please

What's your location in Andheri (E)? The distributor for Andheri (E), well most of it, is Rajnet. But he is unable to give without some kind of understanding with your cablewalla

@Soodgautham, Post speedtest results to different countries servers when you get 10mbps speeds !

Some of the Speedtest results are given below

Delhi

Viena

Colombo

Rome

And ofcourse Mumbai - which is in the signature below 🙂

10 Mbps plan at 9K per annum - UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD is a steal ! .... I Have been using it for last 3 days only ...so far no downtime

But note that the 10 Mbps connection in reality will be 4 Mbps for torrents and browsing...and sometimes speed bursts will be there upto 10 Mbps -

but that is not the problem ...as the DC++ Hub has 150 TB of movies/games etc etc to be download at LAN speed of 50 Mbps !!!! ...so you will hardly ever end up downloading from Torrent