help needed with 3g mobile connection to pc for internet

joywarrior10

ISP
256kbps UL 750
Hi guys ..I need Help I have a HTC Universal or also called Imate Jasjar and I have just purchased a BSNL 3g Sim card. have successfully configured the sim to run internet on my phone. What I have forgotten is basic steps to set up Internet connection via USB on PC..can somebody help? I just need to know the sequence of steps..

Firstly you will only get 3G 384 kbps(HARDWARE LIMIT)

To Tether-
Windows Mobile 5.0 devices equipped with AKU 3.0 (Adaption Kit Upgrade – software sent out to Windows Mobile phone providers) or greater also come equipped to allow sharing of the internet connection – however with devices without the AKU 3.0, it’s a little more complicated to get the connection setup.

To begin, visit PDAgold.com :: Pocket PC & Windows CE and pickup the USB Modem & Driver zip file. Download and unzip the two files to your PC hard drive.

Your phone should be connected to your Windows machine via USB cable when you begin the process – on your Windows Mobile device go to Settings -> Connections -> GPRS -> Add New.

You’ll need to know the name of your mobile network’s Access Point at this stage and enter it in the appropriate field. This can either be acquired via a telephone conversation with your provider, or a search on Google.

OK this, and check you can connect to the internet via your mobile browser.

Next it’s time to activate the modem – go to Accessories -> Modem Link and choose the USB connection, again entering the Access Point name as before.

Modem Link option in Windows Mobile 5.0

When you click on Activate, the Windows Mobile device – now acting as a modem – will prompt Windows XP to install a driver. Follow the wizard through, choosing the .INF driver file in the USB Modem & Driver zip file you downloaded earlier.

Enter username, password and APN - then connect!

Finally, browse to the folder you unzipped the USB Modem & Driver files to and run the USBModem_Dialer.exe file. This will prompt you to select a modem and enter the Access Point in the APN field – once this is done you’re ready to click Connect and enjoy mobile internet via your Windows Mobile device!