• Thread starter Thread starter rajdoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,073

rajdoll

ISP
Exatt
Hi Guys,
I have got Exatt connection at mumbai from my cable wala, he also hosts services from other ISPs, meaning I can get either pacenet or tata indicom or sify etc from the same line if subscribed. Right now I have subscribed to Exatt. It uses PPPoE setup to authenticate and allow internet access. After much deliberation, taking care of all requirements I bought Linksys WRH54g wireless home router and I was confident that it will work like a charm as I had collected all the information required to make authentic PPPoE connection, as our ISP requires service name to be sent while connecting, similarly It binds on PC's MAC address to allow internet access. WRH54g supports both of these features, but to my dismay when I installed it I could not acheive what I had wanted, meaning I'm not able to access internet. Let me describe the configuration:
In the router's PPPoE setup, I have given correct userid/password and servicename. I have also told router to clone my PCs MAC address and to my surprise Router connects successfully to ISPs server and I receive the DHCP ip address plus default gateway and DNS addresses. When I ping any internet address like Yahoo! I receive the IP address of the url but no response from the site. In my browser, when I type address I don't receive any response. I'm completly frustrated trying all the options. ISP says there is no issue at our end as we use only MAC binding and if you are able to connect through PPPoE configuration issue must be with the router and check with your hardware person and Hardware person says all the settings on the router are correct check with your ISP.
So guys need help from you all. Is anybody successfully using the wireless router with Exatt connection? If yes, what could be the issue in my case?
Expecting some valuable responses.

Same problem here!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!:wall:

@/members/abhishake/Welcome to broadbandforum.co.Luckily there was only one post in this thread. If you have said "same problem" in a thread with 10 or 20 posts nobody will respond to you/ or have the patience to go through all posts. . Summarise your problem. modem from Exatt cable connection ? Cable modem make ? or directly goes to your computer ethernet port ?Using laptop or Desktop computer ??Which wireless router you intend to use ?

Thanx for ur advice..mate

modem from Exatt cable connection ?
Cable modem make ?
or directly goes to your computer ethernet port ?

Goes directly to my Ethernet port

Using laptop or Desktop computer ??

Laptop

Which wireless router you intend to use ?

Linksys

Sorry. Not possible for a laptop. Only possibility to try: is to connect the RJ45 to one of the LAN ports of the Wireless router. ( to my knowledge none has reported/tried this in this forum ). Usually we have a modem from ISP in the chain.
Wait for other responses.
Exatt cable connection ( using client 24 set up ?)===>rj45 ===>> laptop ethernet port .
Post Ipconfig/all for reference.

For reference :Sharing a Cable/DSL Connection
https://broadband.forum/others/4653-help-needed-exatt-users/#post52400

have you tried connecting the lan directly to the lan port of the laptop?if it is working this way, check if you set all the correct values in the router. since it is authenticating, i think it could be a dns issue. check if you have given the proper dns address.

/members/viralbug/

Let me describe the configuration:
In the router's PPPoE setup, I have given correct userid/password and servicename. I have also told router to clone my PCs MAC address and to my surprise Router connects successfully to ISPs server and I receive the DHCP ip address plus default gateway and DNS addresses. When I ping any internet address like Yahoo! I receive the IP address of the url but no response from the site. In my browser, when I type address I don't receive any response. I'm completly frustrated trying all the options.

Only possibility to try: is to connect the RJ45 to one of the LAN ports

Now wants to use a Linksys wireless router and to access INTERNET in WIFI mode.
Set up ? :
Exatt Cable port ( NO modem ) = RJ45 ===>> Linksys wiFi router LAN Port ...no connection.. WIFI to Laptop
members/abhishake/ Please post ipconfig/all

^ yeah i got what he wants. he says that the router gets connected successfully to the server. (ok, the person above posted that, but since abhishake posted he has the same problem, i assume he is in a exact similar position)

I could not finally make it work the way I described then I had to contact the Exatt customer support and they told me that to make it work with any router you will have subscribe to multi user account and not single user account. Mine is single user, for multi user they charge additional. I have not tried this, do not have confidence whether then also will it work as Exatt guys themselves did not seem very confident. If anybody has tried successfully with multi user account please let me know.

I am stuck exactly at the place where u r stuck .... lets see if i can find ne solution... i havent called Exatt Customer care though :S