Help needed to instal usb drivers for zte zxdsl 831 a ii

• Thread starter Thread starter ab438617
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,668

ab438617

ISP
BSNL
Dear members,Please take time to help me.I have purchased a ZTE ZXDSL 831 AII modem from BSNL and have following problem in installing the driver.1. I have a PC CELERON with adequate disk space.2. I have made all connections correctlt and the PC detects the MODEM2. As i choose to install the modem from the supplied CD..it will show the END dialogue to: RESTART THE PC now or Later!!3. In device manager it shows a USB device with ? mark. here also if i go to update the driver..same problem! it asks me to connect to the internet??? to find drivers!4. If i insert the CD directly and run set up in USB drivers..again I get the message : restart now?5. I have a TATA indicom Plug to surf modem in my system and i have tried Uninstalling the Modem and instal the DSL modem but here too i have same problems!Please help me how to resolve the problem? I have also tried upgrading the XP installations of my system without reformatting the system. I dont want to format the system.Please help me. mail me : ab438_617 at yahoo dot com

If Tataindicom worked earlier nothing wrong with computer now.
No need to uninstall USB modem drivers.
REFERENCE:
See this link. Check you have done all settings correctly.
foribb: CONFIGURING ZTE ZXDSL 831AII IN PPPOE MODE
( enter user Id without @bsnl. in )
step 1 : Start Network LAN properties
TCP/IP properties.
Type Ip address say 192.168.1.10
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS: obtain automatically or
208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222
save.
Step 2 :Check connections
Line==rj11 ==ADSL splitter LINEinput
Adsl splitter ===PHONE port ==== RJ11 ALL phones.
Adsl splitter ===MODEM port =====Rj11 == modem input
Modem==== rj45 ( cat 5) ====. ethernet port of computer.
Step 3 :
Switch on system. In IE type 192.168.1.1 modem web page opens
proceed further. ( use above link as guide )
After set up if still no connection :
report error message/s..

Hi, first unisntall previous drivers, go to device manager, select device with ? mark (as you mentioned), then try this if you wish....you are unable to install driver from setup file, it will always give u Restart Now, and Restart Later options....

foribb: Installing ZTE ZXDSL 831AII through USB Modem

i made this blog because everytime images get deleted from imagehosting sites.

@member/onlytest/I used to refer to you posts here in IBF.But the screenshots were missing.Never noticed that this is your blog site !.Even earlier I warned you that pictures loaded on Image shack are deleted after a period of time. ( usually 90 days )Somehow I had listed this link in my bookmarks for ZTE zxdsl router.Para two: @ab438617.My post is for connection thru LAN port. ( hope you have an ethernet card in your computer ). preferred. If getting connected to Internet then,USB Mode not required.sometimes the computer crashes in this USB mode. Any way try.

yes essbebe is right. If one has LAN card, no need to install USB driver to connect Modem, connecting through LAN card is easy and more reliable.