• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 13,677

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
I had my first ever visit to a dentist with some massive bad news. I was having issues with couple of teeth from the past week but this was bad.Three teeth need Root Canal Treatment, 10 have cavities, need fillings!Right from my childhood I have my molar teeth blackened (cavities), but this was a surprise since the symptoms started a week back.From the details doctor provided, each RCT costs from 7000-15000 (including capping) and around 1000 for each filling for cavities.Anyone had this problem, how much will be the pain? Side effects?Is the cost for treatment high? It seems to me, but none of my family or friends have dental issues hence I dont have any idea.Further is there dental insurance in India? My office insurance policy sure does not cover it.

Can you scan your OPG Xray and post it here. Would help diagnose better. And yes, the rates are a bit on the higher side.

that sounds pretty darn expensive. are you dealing with it through a branded hospital? or an independent dental clinic?

Costwise it is a bit expensive and yes it hurts, some people are affected & some less. It was painful to me, but bearable, my sister had a terrible time.

i have had one root canal i believe (if what i had was actually root canal). it was painful... i did not get a replacement tooth though. living with a hole instead. i did not like the idea of getting a titanium (?) screw installed in my mouth.

It is a clinic near the place I live.Actually the breakdown goes like this:Root Canal Treatment : 3000filling : 1000Capping : Steel 2500 or Ceramic 4500Bridging: Gold 4500 or Ceramic 6500 (used in case it has become too hollow)X-rays: as requiredActually two of the most important molar teeth for chewing are affected, I dont have any other option but to go ahead with this 🙁I have asked some friends in the office for pricing details at other locations as well, will go ahead and negotiate with them most probably tonight, typically for a package.

i have the last tooth removed which i see is a molar too. do not face much issues. though eating popcorn is a headache 😕

I think the tooth repair/removal/RCT process will not be as painful as I thought, hope everything goes on smoothly!My only concern is the barbecue (Sheekh kabab) which we cousins prepare and eat after eid, It seems I cant do that 🙁

That is expensive, extremely expensive. Even if you get it done from an independent doctor, should not cost that much 😕15k for one RCT?

@Samuel

The break up is this

Root Canal Treatment : 3000
filling : 1000
Capping : Steel 2500 or Ceramic 4500
Bridging: Gold 4500 or Ceramic 6500 (used in case it has become too hollow)
X-rays: as required

Literally dying of pain since yesterday. couldn't sleep the whole night due to pain. Dying to go to dentist when it opens today.
The molar was troubling for months and i was trying to avoid to go to dentist in order to avoid root canal. still have the horrors when my first RCT was performed a few years ago. It hurted for many weeks warranting atleast 20 visits to different dentists.

I think the dentist will provide antibiotics until the infection and pain subsdizes enough to operate upon.
This was the mistake the other dentist made last time while performing RCT. he didn't waited for the infection to heal a bit and performed immediately which resulted in horrible horrible pain which other dentist later told should not have been operated upon when the infection is in peak.

I remember the time I got my tooth extracted. It was painful for an entire day. Ice Cream did not help even. :

Tooth extraction seemed a breeze to me compared to RCT.
Had removed wisdom tooth by cutting the gums as it was growing in a slanted angle disturbing the other tooth. even that procedure was relatively pain free