Help Needed : Root Canal Treatment and Dental issues

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 13,695
I had my first ever visit to a dentist with some massive bad news. I was having issues with couple of teeth from the past week but this was bad.Three teeth need Root Canal Treatment, 10 have cavities, need fillings!Right from my childhood I have my molar teeth blackened (cavities), but this was a surprise since the symptoms started a week back.From the details doctor provided, each RCT costs from 17000-25000 (including capping) and around 2000 for each filling for cavities.Anyone had this problem, how much will be the pain? Side effects?Is the cost for treatment high? It seems to me, but none of my family or friends have dental issues hence I dont have any idea.Further is there dental insurance in India? My office insurance policy sure does not cover it.

I had done Root canal treatment in Hyderabad last November and it costed me Rs 5000 for RCT and 11 fillings extra
Each filling for Rs 300. Donno why they are charging u so much .
BTW there will be NO Pain when root canal treatment starts as they will give u Anesthesia inside ur mouth which wud make the area near the affected tooth completely numb. Pain will be der for abt a minute.