Help Needed : Root Canal Treatment and Dental issues

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 13,692
Ah. I totally forgot we have another doctor here!

Ah, RCT!
I had the RCT on one tooth back in 2011 and couple of fillings, was little painful but for only a week, just few month ago (october) i was eating gulab jamun 😛ig: and the metal(silver?) cap came out! - thank god i didn't swallow it. And since then i didn't bother to go to dentist even with a hole covered with cement..

How I wish he was in Delhi NCR. 😀 I am a pursuer of bad dental hygiene 🙁

Ashish said:
This was the mistake the other dentist made last time while performing RCT. he didn't waited for the infection to heal a bit and performed immediately which resulted in horrible horrible pain which other dentist later told should not have been operated upon when the infection is in peak.
that's not completely true. RCT is done as an emergency treatment in most of the cases. the extent to which the tooth is cleaned(treated) on first visit varies from case to case.
some overzealous doctor try to perform the procedure way too quickly which may result in pushing of necrosed(dead) pulp tissue beyond the roots resulting in inflammation,pain
and sometimes even swelling.
in some cases the tooth condition is so bad that pain management may take a few days.

No mails I believe. Just a notification on the forum itself. That too if enabled.

I actually got a RCT done a couple of months back, it was absolutely painless. Not sure why people keep complaining about it being painful. Maybe if you have other complications.