help needed for a modem and router for new mtnl BB

• Thread starter Thread starter zzzz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,601

zzzz

ISP
none
hi ,i'm planning for a mtnl broadband(delhi) , and i'm thinking of buying my own modem and router.. i'm looking for a decent range of wifi(like 30-40 ft and at max till frst floor)., wil be using pc ( doesnt support wifi) , laptop and a phone every now and then..should i go for combined wifi and ethernet ones or make my pc wifi enabled and then go full wifi modem/router.which models of modem & routers to use, a rough approximation of cost will not do any harm.. ( have been reading about a few problems with Netgear on some threads in the same forum.)will appreciate few suggestions for same..looking forward to your replies.zzzz

i also want normal adcl modem plus wifi router, i unfrounately buy only wifi router whereas i want both.

well i'm surprised by the lack of response.. aint there anyone who can lend some help??

The thing is this forum is flooded with info on your query.

well i did find some info but incomplete..couldnt at all find anything about wireless vs combined usb/ wireless modems..
still it will be nice of u if u can lead me to the same posts / threads..
zzzz

i suggest u to rent the wifi modem from mtnl because if u have your own modem and anything goes wrong with your broadband the mtnl guys will blame it on your modem and close the complaint .if the modem is of mtnl they will have no excuse and will need to repair the connection anyhow or even replace the modem for free....i have been using mtnl broadband for more than six years and it is quite unreliable...so its better to b on the safer side..nd go for the rent option

Well, You should use the "Search" option provided in the forum to know more details about this... If you already had a modem, then its okay for going for a Wi-Fi Router. But, why not go for a combo one? The best thing is to go for an ADSL Modem+ WIFI router Combo. You will find various brands who are selling the combo routers more.

Well, You should use the "Search" option provided in the forum to know more details about this... If you already had a modem, then its okay for going for a Wi-Fi Router. But, why not go for a combo one? The best thing is to go for an ADSL Modem+ WIFI router Combo. You will find various brands who are selling the combo routers more.

well the search option didnt help much.. to be honest no one posted links and i couldnt find much on forums here ( u can say my fault), but i searched other forums ( read thinkdigit) and without even need to create a thread i found tons of info..
still i thank all those who took out time to reply..

P.S. mod : thread can be closed.

i use Netgear wgr614 with hathway connection...the range is superb all across the 2bhk i have....and it comes only for rs. 1500...so you can use wired modem by mtnl and use netgear to make it wifi...dont rely on wifi routers given by mtnl i dont think it will have the range of netgear/Belkin types....