• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,738

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
Hi,

I will be switching over from Airtel to MTNL.

I have a few questions :-

[*]Can someone tell me what will be the total cost for a new MTNL Triband connection in Dwarka, New Delhi? The charges for getting broadband connection seem to be 800+200+100+75 = 1175. I am assuming one has to get landline first before getting Broadband. What is the cost of getting that?

Can I apply for a new MTNL connection online or do I have to go to a sanchar hut?😛

I will be going for the 999 plan which has 1 mbps unlimited data.

[*] Is the Wi-fi modem provided by MTNL of decent quality? Or should I get the normal modem and use my own wi-fi router?
[/list].

Total cost of installation with your own adsl router = 200 + 100
if u want wired modem u have to give 300 more + 50 every month
if you want wireless router u have to give 800 more + 75 per month.

Its always arguable that one should get own modem or get on rent.Mtnl gives decent but not any special cpe. but if u take on rent they cannot blame the broadband problems on modem and its easier to get replacements.

I bought the router from MTNL lineman for like half the price so now I dont have to pay monthly rent or starting deposit and I can still get replacement using my friend connection.

No u dont need telephone line just opt for COMBO plan so u get telephone free with no extra telephone rent, however if u do not go for combo u have to also pay for telephone monthly rent.

I bought the router from MTNL lineman for like half the price so now I dont have to pay monthly rent or starting deposit and I can still get replacement using my friend connection.

what do you mean by friend connection? So, while applying for new connection, I should state that i do not want modem from MTNL. If I do that, I will not have to pay 500 starting deposit nor would I have to pay the monthly rent? I should then instead talk to the linesman when he comes and get the modem from him at half the price? right? Seems like an excellent way to save money... 🙂

No u dont need telephone line just opt for COMBO plan so u get telephone free with no extra telephone rent, however if u do not go for combo u have to also pay for telephone monthly rent.

You are referring to this "TriB UL data-512 Combo New*" plan, right? link -> Broadband

How much time/days will it take for me to get the connection?

Also, Should I disconnect my existing Airtel connection before getting MTNL or after?

what do you mean by friend connection? So, while applying for new connection, I should state that i do not want modem from MTNL. If I do that, I will not have to pay 500 starting deposit nor would I have to pay the monthly rent? I should then instead talk to the linesman when he comes and get the modem from him at half the price? right? Seems like an excellent way to save money... 🙂

its not an official offer that you will get it for sure, you will have to speak to the lineman and it depends if has spare in stock and more importantly if he's willing to.

by friend connection i mean, mtnl may not replace my modem because oficially i have not taken from them, but i have many friends who have mtnl and are paying rent. so i can use their account to change mine netime.

You are referring to this "TriB Unlimited data-512 Combo New*" plan, right? link -> Broadband

yes....and not the one without combo word.

How much time/days will it take for me to get the connection?

it varies....within 15 days or so

Also, Should I disconnect my existing Airtel connection before getting MTNL or after?

call airtel and confirm if they immediately stop charging u once u apply for disconnection if so then wait for mtnl to be installed first.