• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,596

uthfull

Uthfull.org
ISP
Aitel U/L 512kbps
When I access my site thru my Sify connection, it opens correctly.
But when I access it thru my Airtel connection... it gives an error.

I always disable sify before dialing to airtel. I have a USB modem for airtel n sify connects thru ethernet.

Clearing cache has not helped bcoz if I disconenct frm airtel.... enable my LAN connection and connect to sify, the site opens up properly.

What cud b wrong??

Can the ppl on airtel open the site below n tell me if the site opens for them or they get a 404 error
Code:
http://www.uthfull.org/forum/
Thx

the site is working fine for me (no 404 error)i'm clueless bout what's goin wrong, let me put myself together gimme a minute

Now this morning... even I can open my site. I just don't get wat the problem is. Why is Airtel taking time?? Sify opens it without a problem. My PC has been on for the past 3 days. Ive cleared the cache a number of times.All the 3 browsers - FF, Opera n IE refused to open my site on Airtel but they opened it w/o a prob on sify. And when I disabled my sify connection n connected to airtel, hit the refresh button, it wud give me a 404 error again.

weird, 404 means a missing file at the server's end. But if that were true then both ISPs should've displayed a 404.

i configured two subdomainsforum.uthfull.organd blog.uthfull.orgEven they didnt open on Airtel. I Immediately disconnected frm Airtel, logged onto Sify..... n there... i could c my forum n blog.Then I logged back onto Airtel and then I could see the pages.Funny!!

it loads fine on my connection..... fast too......

Originally posted by max@Oct 31 2005, 11:40 PM
yeah. same here.
[snapback]30124[/snapback]
[/quote]
have u tried Airtel customer care. I am at chennai.
when ever any problem in opening any site, i call the
customer care and either their engineer comes on
line to guide to solve it or deputes a technician
soon. soon means within 24 hrs. 🙂

dude, theres some wierd conflict with your DNS settings thats allhave you manually set DNS server IPs for Sify... these might not be available when you connect to AirTel... and for AirTel you need to get the DNS servers automatically... (just plain DHCP or "Obtain IP automatically" in your TCPIP)

i sumwat get wat ur tryin 2 say.wat uve said is correct cuz wit airtel i use a USB modem..... so i hve a dialer like dial-up. For sify.... its thru ethernet... n i configure the dns manually.So wat shud i do.... completely disable sify before logging on to airtel??

try making ur sify dns setting also automatci... if they both work then fine, if airtel starts working and sify breaks, then you can try adding a second LAN (ethernet) connection (if thats possible)... else you manually change your ethernet settings