help me select a wifi home security camera system

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
Some idiot took a knife and cut the seat covers of some bikes in my apartment. Even after changing the watchman, it happened again. That idiot is targeting only one particular bike and hence I think its some revenge issue with that particular owner.
nevertheless, I feel I need to safeguard my bike. apartments' CCTV doesn't cover parking area, only the entrance. Hence I need security cam suggestions.

Local company I contacted quoted a price of 35k for 4 infrared cameras and one small monitor. around 3k extra for wiring and installation. I think thats bullshit and I see many wifi enabled cameras on AliExpress.

However I can even get systems from USA since many of my friends live there.

Looking at this :

Blink: Home Security Camera System

Should I go for blink or go for countless wifi cameras on aliexpress?

US based models are likely to be relying on cloud. It might be better to invest something that saves locally and provide real time access on mobile app.

to be honest, you might just get lucky installing a fake looking cctv camera that is visible at the required spot.

Upvote 0
blink provides real time access through wifi. It does save to cloud but its free for 1400 sessions which is more than I need. I runs on AA batteries which is a major selling point since It doesnt need wiring. I have aold nexus 7 which I plan on installing in watchmans home so that he can watch whenever it gives an alarm due to motion detection in the night.

Or I mightj ust get this 720P Security Network CCTV WIFI IP camera Megapixel HD Wireless Security Camera IR Infrared Night Vision Surveillance Camera-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Needs wiring but switch box is nearby so I don't think its that big a hassle. It has local storage and image quality looks fine from the video posted. Also it has two way audio comapred to one way on blink

Upvote 0
^ this looks good. But it needs wiring right? and I do airport people have problem carrying 4 cameras?

Upvote 0
Yes sir, it requires wiring. the kit comes with requisite wiring. there was no problem with customs as i had unpacked the units and distributed the cameras in the luggage. the DVR alone i carried in my hand baggage.I was told by the local technicians that wireless cameras do not last long and eventually have connectivity issues. may not be true. my installation is now 2 years old

Upvote 0