• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,255

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
i had serious problems with my router in the last two days and the lineman replaced it today!(the prob. was that in DSL-502T only the power led was on and ADSL and STATUS lights were out!). after replacing with a old DSL-502T 🙁 but with newer firmware 🙂 ) lights were fine. then came the horrible part 🙁
the connection when enabled showed limited or no connectivity and only data packets being send (3 i think) and none received);
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9763/dsl23qs.jpg
pinging gives an error of destination unreachable(resolved by static ip);
but connection not workin! the guy at mtnl couldn't resove it ( was on phone!) and said will see on monday :angry:
i couldn't wait! thought problem with lan card or router--> so i tried windows 98 and viola , connection is workin(first time run on win98 by installing today only(the dsl usb drivers)!

so, now i think that by re-installing dsl drivers in XP it will work just fine. so happily uninstalled it! then when i try to install the drivers again, i get this error on windows! HELPPPPPP!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3643/dsl0xo.jpg

how to resolve this error? please reply fast.
tried everything from running in compatibility modes for windows 98 etc but no luck!
help

Actually i have the same router. When i run my dsl drivers i get no error. Maybe somethin is off with ur Xp. Moreover pickin up ur problem is a little difficult. There is definately compatibility issues cause 98 is workin and Xp is rejectin.If u can come on an IM...i might be able to help u faster.

Just what is ispfix? If you can explain how you solved the problem, it would help others with similar problems!

QUOTE(acpoa @ Jun 18 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]54107[/snapback]
Just what is ispfix? If you can explain how you solved the problem, it would help others with similar problems!
[/b]

well, my friend suggested that a trojan was blocking my net access(as net was workin fine in win 98)
i tried HIJACKTHIS
and boy it works wonders!
any problems resolved by it.
there it showed a "broken lsp" file which it couldn't repair! suggested cexx.org/lspfix.htm
download and ran it and restarted my pc!

and viola! my net was running again! yaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooo

as for the windows 16-bit error (check second image). just type in "run 16-bit application in windows xp"
in google and go to the first microsoft link!